Finally finished after 3 years - 64 Riviera

stereo

Hey guys,

finally my 64 Rivera is nearly finished - in between the project I thought it would never be possible, but in the end the result is exactly as it was in my mind all the time before.

This is a 64 Riviera which has been set into service in Austria in 65. Thus it has an original km/h-Odometer.

The engine has been completely rebuild, the transmission too, much more bodywork than expected, due to that the original paint could not be saved. As a result I chose a colour, which every varnisher can easily reproduce, as it is a standard colour.

A lot of people did a great job on this car...and I'm very happy with the result. 

Cheers from Germany

Stereo

IMG_5978.JPG

IMG_5977_LI.jpg

IMG_5980_LI.jpg

IMG_5983_LI.jpg

IMG_5986_LI.jpg

Edited by stereo (see edit history)
  • Like 12

Gorgeous color ! I am glad you chose a color YOU LIKE and not worry about what others think if you stray outside originality . It's kinda like my grandparents did when they put plastic seat covers on their 62 Oldsmobile so they wouldn't stain the covers and they would be In good shape for the next guy . ?

KReed

ROA 14549

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Thank you very much guys.

The interior is still "old", but in quite a good condition (in relation to the age). I will post some pics later. I like the patina. It was a struggle to come to the decision to repaint the car. Original colour was this "sand" and the paint was original but old and I did not really like it. When it came clear (due to rust removal on the body) that a new paintjob was neccessary, I went for this one. Though it is not original, it perfectly suits the shape and style of the body. I don't regret it at all.

I do regret one thing: I got rid of the power antenna. As you can see, we even closed the hole so  I can't even remount one. It looks good but lost originality (is this the correct term?). 

Anyway I'm happy and thank all the guys who did a great job on the car. I have to admit, that I did only minor work-I'm better in maintenance than rebuilding. 

see you

Andy

Edited by stereo (see edit history)
  • Like 1