1940 Packard 120 Convertible and More at Auction PA

TerryB

Found a listing for an auction here in PA on Nov 16th for a 1940 Packard 120 convertible and other antique cars.  Cars are supposed to be in running condition.  The auction company is from Manheim PA but the sale is in Phillipsburg PA.  Details at hessauctiongroup.com.  Sorry I’m not sure how to post a link.

i have no connection to the sale, just passing the info along.  Packard does look good as do the other cars in the sale.

The '40 Packard would be a 110 if it's a six cylinder.(which it is). It would make a great companion to my 110 coupe, but with our Canadian dollar running at about 76 cents US it would be a bit extravagant for my budget.It would be interesting to see what it sells for.

• Like 1

Oh look! A 64 Corvair with a V-6! Yep, auction words written by non car people.......?  

And they list the Mercedes Benz engine in cubic inches.....  I think it is a 280 in MB speak.

Lots of low miles cars, though, might be worth checking out if one of these cars is your cup of tea. That 4 door Monza with a four speed is rarer than a Powerglide version.?

I like that little Buick Special wagon too.  Neat little car.   Auction houses should get car savvy people to help with the accuracy of the ads they generate. This auction company does a lot of auto related sales, I’m surprised they have so many errors.

For on-site auctions this auctioneer does not usually charge a buyers premium, however he is offering the cars with an on-line budding option and I believe that could result in charges for that but I’m not 100% sure.

1 hour ago, mercer09 said:

Thats a nice deal Terry. I dont go to auctions any longer, because of the premiums, along with sales tax and you often pay more then what a vehicle is worth.

If you attend auctions at his auction house then the extra fees come in to play.  I too am tired of all the extra fees auctioneers add on.  If it wasn’t for buyers they would be stuck with the stuff!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...