Fun with the 1921 Touring

chuckfmtexas

I had previously posted about the 1921 Buick Touring Model 45 I purchased last May at the Mecum Indy auction. Well, it has been sitting quietly waiting for a couple of minor items that needed attention and to finally be registered here in Texas. Got the safety inspection and it is now registered as an antique.

This past weekend the car finally came out of hiding and Friday night I took it to a 1920's murder mystery 'flapper' event at the request of a friend so they could use it for background in photos. That worked out great and then I thought since it is in the trailer why not take it to the festival in Waxahachie. TX about an hour south of Fort Worth. 

There was a car show with 75 cars as part of the festival which included several hundred vendors for several blocks around the courthouse square. Great weather and enormous crowds after all the rain we have had in Texas. The car was selected as a top 20 participant and had the most fun talking to folks who wanted to know what was it, did I restore it, do I drive it, and what a wonderful vehicle for the public to see and appreciate. I really like the way parents would lift up the little kids, show them the interior of the car and overhear them explain the big tires and wood wheels, the dash and steering, gear shift and brake handle, etc. A real learning experience for many young and hopefully interested car kids.

Life is Good?

IMG_3002.jpg

IMG_3010.jpg

IMG_3022.jpg

IMG_3027.jpg

Edited by chuckfmtexas (see edit history)
  • Like 5