Sign in to follow this  
musicancars

1964 Ford Galaxie 500 convertible

For sale 1964 Ford  Galaxie 500 convertible

289 engine with automatic trans. And true twin exhaust with solid x-frame.
Well-maintained mechanically.
Has New Old Stock rear bumper installed.( which until recently was a very hard item to find as most Originals collect dirt in the bumper reinforcement brackets and are rusted out)
The factory color is called Chantilly beige. With a black roof and interior. Interior vinyl fabric in very good shape..
Paint was redone a few years back.
Along with a new roof installed at that time. With a glass back window.
I am thinning my  collection down a bit.
This is a truly well maintained unmolested vehicle

My dad  was  the 2nd owner since 1966. Until he passed Christmas 2014 when I took title.

Now at 61 I have both my antique cars and his to maintain and need to thin the collection since I prefer to drive my 1930s vehicles.

That and I had lost garage space that I was renting. And was just informed I will be losing another rented garage in the spring as that owner will be selling their property in the spring. So I will need this car's garage space for one of my other cars

$12,500 or offer CLOSE to asking price
Cash or Bank certified check
local pickup or buyer arranges shipping and any paperwork.

Prefer USA buyer as I really don't want to deal with Customs papers.

I am in Central New Jersey USA

Call Dave at  landline 908-322 9084

Or email

davidabierman@gmail.com

20180821_175606.jpg

2018-09-30 03.32.25.jpg

20180821_175726.jpg

2018-09-30 03.35.16.jpg

Edited by musicancars (see edit history)

You might want to post a location and a few photos of the interior and under the hood might help generate some more interest.  Always liked the look of the 63-64 Galaxies.  Good luck.

I have always like the '64 Fords, had a station wagon and a 4 speed 390 convertible.  To me, they always appeared to lean toward GM styling that made then look more study.

Bernie

17 hours ago, musicancars said:

Has New Old Stock rear bumper installed.
The factory color is called Chantilly beige. With a black roof and interior. Interior vinyl fabric in very good shape..
Paint was redone a few years back.
Along with a new roof installed at that time. With a glass back window.

In spite of the repaint of original color the car would still qualify for historic preservation of original features class.

Your comment would, I believe,  mislead a prospective buyer, and I hope you did not intentionally plan to do so!

The complete repaint of this car would DISQUALIFY  it for Historic Preservation (HPOF)-

Also, on the Evaluation form, the owner should note that the New Old Stock bumper had been installed - not the original bumper

It appears to be a nice car, and should be properly represented

On 10/23/2018 at 9:47 PM, Marty Roth said:

Your comment would, I believe,  mislead a prospective buyer, and I hope you did not intentionally plan to do so!

The complete repaint of this car would DISQUALIFY  it for Historic Preservation (HPOF)-

Also, on the Evaluation form, the owner should note that the New Old Stock bumper had been installed - not the original bumper

It appears to be a nice car, and should be properly represented

thank you I have corrected this. 

In reference to the New Old Stock installed back bumper are you saying I should remove that from the ad? And why?

On 10/23/2018 at 11:01 AM, keiser31 said:

I see a New Jersey license plate frame.

Yes you are correct but I have always blocked out the license plate number on any of my antique cars when shown online for security reasons as you never know who might try to Miss use that number

On 10/23/2018 at 9:03 AM, auburnseeker said:

You might want to post a location and a few photos of the interior and under the hood might help generate some more interest.  Always liked the look of the 63-64 Galaxies.  Good luck.

Thank you

On 10/23/2018 at 11:27 AM, 60FlatTop said:

I have always like the '64 Fords, had a station wagon and a 4 speed 390 convertible.  To me, they always appeared to lean toward GM styling that made then look more study.

Bernie

I agree Bernie they were designed at a time when the world was trying to enter space travel . in my personal opinion they remind me of a Piper Cub with that low back end .and the rear tail lights remind me of thrust on a rocket ship or jet of the Space Age in the early 60s. I have seen too many of these cars with the back end leveled off and it changes the whole look of the car in my personal opinion. Many modern mechanics don't understand what the design look was trying to do at the time. In fact your comment on the GM styling is interesting because when we bought this car from a used car dealer we first looked at the same year in a convertible Impala. We took it for a test ride and stopped at a gas station mechanic and had him put it on the lift . He advised against that Impala because there have been many body parts replaced due to an accident he said. We took it back to the lot and they showed us the Galaxy we took that back to the same mechanic and he put it back up on the lift and approved it and we bought it. And yes I agree with you in my personal opinion the two body styles somewhat mimic each other in the lines of the back fenders