Inflatable paint booth

chistech

Looks really interesting Ted !!  very cool that it will actually fit INSIDE the garage. assume that the blower has to stay on constantly to keep it inflated. any precautions you are taking to keep it from deflating and resting on your parts/ car ??

surprised when you blew it up in the driveway you did NOT have the neighborhood kids outside waiting in line to get into the BOUNCE HOUSE :) around here the kids would have been in line before i even got it laid out to blow up.

i know Ted did his homework, he is way more AR and Detail oriented then I am, just look at his work and craftsmanship !! sure he read, reread, and then read it again. asked a few million questions, then questioned his questions.

Here’s so recent updates to my booth. Pictures show the PVC frame to support the booth if electric was lost or later when all is done and the booth is evacuated. The outside of the booth has a HO LED fixture at each window and I installed two expensive explosion proof fixtures on the PVC frame for added overhead lighting. For the make up air blower I made a filter box so no dust will be sucked in. On the outside of the  charcoal filters on the ends of the booth I hung from the ceiling two square house box fans which pull the air inside out even more. Just been waiting for the damn rain to stop. Just too much moisture in the air right now to paint black.

B402777F-1836-467D-BB0A-00ACD0D83153.jpeg

AF1E5DDD-2E71-4DF2-9A3B-8BD3AFBDB370.jpeg

E20271DF-2E1C-41CE-9570-8FD5020A23B5.jpeg

D9AB8183-E99B-4DF1-A5C9-70DABE791464.jpeg

333CA8D2-2E3E-498D-AB08-0B3054910524.jpeg

05DB10B1-321B-4BD4-920F-08DED847081E.jpeg

4C13C264-FE56-4427-AEB4-B15CF77940C7.jpeg

• Like 2

Gilly sprayed my Olds body in the booth last night. Set up as I described in earlier posts it performed better than expected. Also turning on the heat first with the makeup blower on quickly warmed the interior of the booth right up. The booth evacuated very well and there was just a slight “fog” during the painting process which quickly cleared once spraying ended. The clear will really show how well it works. The real benefit is it’s virtually dust free. The body got 4 coats of black and will get blocked with 1000 tonight before getting more black then a few coats of clear.

Have to say, so far the concept of the inflatable booth appears the way to go especially for the hobbyists who want a good dust free environment with good paint/over spray containment. What really good is that when you’re done, it folds up into a 2’x3’ bag and the $1,400 investment is minimal to trying to make a room into a booth. Another point is you’re always going to use a hard room for more than just a paint booth so dust and blown down will always be an issue. More to come.

20098FDD-1B65-4071-AC7E-75C4A5E8792D.jpeg

5845DB60-F7CC-4CE2-AA43-579DDDB4DA3B.jpeg

6E226ECF-00FE-4B72-877F-C5A34094ABF8.jpeg

40D99848-5518-46A8-9F38-D82EA49E8555.jpeg

• Like 2

Very nice! Glad it is working well! Looking forward to hearing how the clear goes on in regards to overspray. Did the pvc frame hold up the booth fine when you shut the inflation blower up? I have sprayed in several different types of inflatable booths over the last several years. I tried the pvc frame, but it did not hold the booth up well when I shut the intake blower off. I like the fact it was only $1400. Some have a very hefty price tag, starting at over $10k for a size big enough to spray an entire car.

• 2 months later...

hey there guys so I just bought my first inflatable booth and someone mentioned what about a fire suppression system? and it got me thinking so I was curious if anyone knew if you need one when you have one of these booths or what some regulations might come up when it comes to the inflatable paint booths.

• 4 years later...
On 5/27/2019 at 12:02 PM, MJD said:

Very nice! Glad it is working well! Looking forward to hearing how the clear goes on in regards to overspray. Did the pvc frame hold up the booth fine when you shut the inflation blower up? I have sprayed in several different types of inflatable booths over the last several years. I tried the pvc frame, but it did not hold the booth up well when I shut the intake blower off. I like the fact it was only $1400. Some have a very hefty price tag, starting at over $10k for a size big enough to spray an entire car.

Just saw this post after so many years. My PVC frame holds the booth up very adequately but the four corners are also roped off beams in my garage. If the four corners have some support, mainly to keep from twisting the booth, the PVC works great. We set it just a week ago in a garage where at first we couldn't rope off the front end, just the end with the opening. We ended up putting up a 2x4x12' on the front end at each corner out about 2' from the booth. We lagged the 2x4's vertically into a wood dock that was along the front of the booth and tied off to them, holding up the front nicely. If you want to turn the blower off you need to tie up the four corners along with using the PVC frame. I believe without the frame the sewn loops at the corners would most likely rip off the booth.

On 8/14/2019 at 12:55 AM, victhepainter said:

hey there guys so I just bought my first inflatable booth and someone mentioned what about a fire suppression system? and it got me thinking so I was curious if anyone knew if you need one when you have one of these booths or what some regulations might come up when it comes to the inflatable paint booths.

That's something I thought of but not directly. What I meant by that was I purchased vapor proof lighting so the lights wouldn't possibly ignite the paint fumes but I never thought of an overall fire suppression system. I imaging because it's portable it doesn't fall into a lot of rules but I would also imaging using it indoors that insurance might not pay if there was a fire? Good question still. I suppose if it did catch on fire you could ride it for a while like a hot air balloon!