1952 MG TD

Editing to add - I received some great advice from people in this forum. Thank you! I researched some additional info from the former owner. My father in law was the 3rd owner. The 2nd owner kept it in a garage for 40+ years. Car has less than 25k miles. It’s a TD-C. Competition model. T Series. My father is law bought it for 14k then put in $3600 at a local garage. New ball joints, brakes, clutch, gas lines, hoses, and much more! Nice red interior and even has the radio. Clear title. 

If you’d like more pictures or would like to see the vehicle, my husband and I’ll be at my father in laws house this weekend and next. 

Hello all. We are selling my father in law’s 1952 MG TD. He purchased it 2 years ago but sadly passed away this past May. He put about 4K of work into it. We are selling for less than he purchased it.

13k. Located in Newtown PA. It was running and driven around the block this summer but probably needs some continued TLC. 

Accepting all reasonable offers. 

Appreciative of any feedback as well. 

C2937B46-CFF5-43A1-912D-1231B9308B1B.jpeg

21E6DD9D-E1E2-4083-A4EE-D248FEFDC7FC.jpeg

D0F4621D-0796-4B0B-ACEB-4BC882C47B22.jpeg

C00CD7CB-7EA8-4A4F-A71D-A9A1A75CEF38.jpeg

4C428304-6257-4475-98D5-FFF0417F3D32.jpeg

Edited by Angela17033
Adding information. (see edit history)

Nice car, very sorry to hear the owner did not have a lot of time to enjoy it.  It’s one of my favorite cars from my youth.  Always wanted to own one but never did.  Like Keiser, retirement and for me, physical disability means I can only look.

• Thanks 1

Sorry for your loss. It looks like a nice car. You may want to post some pictures on the engine and details like if its original or restored/repainted.

You also may want to look at Bring a Trailer for reference regarding what these are selling for.

https://bringatrailer.com/mg/td/

I wish the car was closer to me, as I'd take a look.

Best wishes to you on moving forward. 

• Thanks 1

Your MG has double fuel pumps, that suggest it might be the more rare, and more valuable, Mark 2 TD. There’s two ways to tell. Check if your Skinner Union metering jets are the larger ones, or, more easily, if you have the additional shock absorbers in the front. A photo of the front suspension would tell a lot.

• Thanks 1