sebastienbuick

Radiator identification

Recommended Posts

Hello, I bought a buick Electra 69 and inside there were several pieces of car.
there is this radiator that does not come from this buick.
do you know which car this radiator comes from?
thank you

 

SAM_6858.thumb.JPG.7dfc73bc3515c2e7cab1b6b5be67b012.JPG

 

SAM_6859.thumb.JPG.c59fbc766de1a69bc58c387e5f56b1da.JPG

 

 

 

we can see on this "badge", the name of the company that repaired this radiator at a time, and we can see written "Paris", it was repaired in the north of France.

 

 

SAM_6860.thumb.JPG.c3eba8b9847d3af5d7d4b3665097c644.JPG

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Its obviously right from your own home country.  It must fit a vintage Peugeot, Renault or Citroen, and I would ask your local clubs for those cars to see if they can identify it.  If I am going to guess, I'm going to say Peugeot.

 

Craig

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, zipdang said:

It won't fit my 2CV! 

 

I do not know, it would have to have both radiator next to see :) 

 

4 hours ago, 8E45E said:

Its obviously right from your own home country.  It must fit a vintage Peugeot, Renault or Citroen, and I would ask your local clubs for those cars to see if they can identify it.  If I am going to guess, I'm going to say Peugeot.

 

Craig

 

 

this buick was in an old junkyard who was at the time the largest exporter of American car in France, so there was in this junkyard several American car (and it's sad to see that).
that's why I do not know where this radiator is from.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

thank you very much ;) 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The shape of the top tank with the deep lower half, and the distinctive rooftop-shaped ends say this is an American Ford radiator of the mid to late 60s. I don't know what car exactly. The wide mounting brackets are a clue. That means they did not use all of the available opening in the core support for radiator. It is probably a small cheap engine option in a bigger car, like maybe a 6 cylinder with a 3 speed manual transmission in a Galaxie, or something like that. Maybe a pickup.

 

Pictured below is an early Falcon radiator. Note the shape of the top tank.

http://classicfordradiator.com/images/products/detail/US50261ANNZ6cylMustFalcon.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If it was from a Ford, there should be at least one 'FoMoCo' or 'FORD' with the trademark oval around it.

 

Craig

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Bloo said:

The shape of the top tank with the deep lower half, and the distinctive rooftop-shaped ends say this is an American Ford radiator of the mid to late 60s. I don't know what car exactly. The wide mounting brackets are a clue. That means they did not use all of the available opening in the core support for radiator. It is probably a small cheap engine option in a bigger car, like maybe a 6 cylinder with a 3 speed manual transmission in a Galaxie, or something like that. Maybe a pickup.

 

Pictured below is an early Falcon radiator. Note the shape of the top tank. 

http://classicfordradiator.com/images/products/detail/US50261ANNZ6cylMustFalcon.jpg

 

 

thank you very much for everything! ;) 

 

 

7 hours ago, 8E45E said:

If it was from a Ford, there should be at least one 'FoMoCo' or 'FORD' with the trademark oval around it.

  

Craig

 

I will look more closely if I see something else written on the radiator .

 

 

 

thank you ! :) 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now