Sign in to follow this  
PhilAndrews

Setting up for spooky fun- '51 Chieftain

I've been receiving some very helpful advice in the Technical section for my car, and as I cannot drive it yet, I decided to start setting up the garage for the kids' trick or treat.

20181011_194253.thumb.jpg.3f0ca09ca0cb203f656c4f6f55c52ee2.jpg

It's not quite finished yet, the kids want to make cardboard teeth covered in Reynolds wrap aluminum foil for the grille, some faux spider webs and such.

Gotta keep your sense of humor somehow!

Phil

• Like 2

wire it so you can make the headlights alternate back and forth like a police cruiser and pulse horn like a modern car alarm.  Also you will need a fog machine for effect. Wait until your victims are in front of the garage door, leave the garage completely dark until the door is up (you might need to remove the door opener bulb if you have one) then start the lights and horn.  If you have a strobe put it farther back in the garage and kick it in with horn and lights.

P.S. You can always blast Kiss's Christine Sixteen for effect thought the kiddies won't understand the connection.

Edited by keninman
added more thoughts (see edit history)

20181012_172251.thumb.jpg.f7a5cf54be54d0be1036f5825346016e.jpgCut out some cardboard teeth, painted them silver with added red for effect. 

Not going for anything too scary, most of the kids in this area who go trick or treating are under ten so, spooky garage with fog machine, lights, webs, the sidelights of the car on (battery charger ahoy!) and some sound effects on the stereo.

All just a bit of fun. This is the precursor to tearing all the wiring out of the car and redoing it.

Phil

Edited by PhilAndrews (see edit history)

"Teeth in the grille" so to speak.  That's a great look, and I think that implementing some of the suggestions in the above posts would make it a haunted/spooky classic (HSC).  I wonder if the AACA would entertain a new HSC category for the 30 day period running up to October 31st ... ehh, prolly not.  BUT, ya never know.

Cheers,

Grog