Model A Newbie - Questions

keithb7

Hi folks. I am a frequenter over in the Chrysler section. I can’t remain true to vintage Mopar as my eyes follow Modal A Fords whenever I see one. I sure like them. I would consider adding another vintage car to my garage. The Model A is tops on my list of possible additions. 

Doing some preliminary research I really like the 155-C Murray body Fordor sedan. 1930 - 1931. Its a very nice Model A. Seems to me it has plush interior with 2 bench seats and rear arm rests that are really classy. 

Could someome tell me more about the 155-C models. Are they plentiful or more scarce?  Do they demand a premium over other 4 door models? Are they generally considered more desirable than the Briggs body? If so why?

I want a 4 door. I want class. I want a model A. Seems the Murray body takes me there. Those curved top window frames...Oh my.

Thanks. Keith. 

Not mine. Just a pic pf a Murray body 155C.

ModelA_DSC_0131.jpg

Edited by keithb7 (see edit history)

The 155 C is a Town Sedan, which differs a little from the standard fordor sedans in that they have the deluxe interior with side armrests and the center armrest, standard fordors do not. The 170-B  Deluxe 2 window sedan also has the center armrest. I've always thought that the Murray body style was more pleasing to the eye than the Briggs. Also the 1930 and early '31 cars had straight windshields but after July 1931 the bodies were changed to slant windshields without the visors. I also like the 3 window version as it adds a little more vision area. Aside from trim and door window design, both the Murray and Briggs cars are very much alike. i think it just depends on what's available in your price range and what you like the best. Good luck in your purchase. Model A's are great cars.

• Like 2