OCT 14
Partly Cloudy
61°50°
20%
S 6 mph 68%

• Like 2

1 hour ago, 1937hd45 said:

Ok, so the parts get washed, that is a problem? Bob 

A big problem when they are new in the box or you deal in paper!

Not really a big deal if you are bringing the same stuff that never sold year after year and still has some Hershey mud to get washed off it. ;)

Please vendors stick around and open up on Friday.  I hate to spend the extra night if it's going to look like Saturday on Friday.  :(

Edited by auburnseeker (see edit history)
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

John, Thanks for starting this thread.

Given the ever changing nature of the weather I thought I would include some links to forecasts for Hershey.

National Weather Service Forecast for Hershey, PA.

I have found the precipitation forecast on the weather underground web site to be the most accurate all summer long.

Weather Underground Forecast for Hershey,PA.

The Weather Underground screen that comes up when you click on the link above is the 10 day forecast.

The precipitation forecast is in the middle of the graphs and is blue in color.

If you place your computer mouse pointer in the area and move it from side to side you will seen the time of day and percentage change of precipitation appear on the screen. If you want a simpler screen in an easier to read format click on the tab labeled "HOURLY" to see the forecast by hour.

Hope some might find this useful.

Save Travels to all making their way to Hershey.

Charlie

If Hershey weather is anything like our (South Eastern Virginia) Weather it changes every 15 minutes...  Hoping the rain holds off till sunday !!

I would like to put in a request for Clear Blue Skies, will gladly accept passing puffy White Clouds, nice breeze, and say 65-75F with low Humidity

or am i picking too picky :)

I am packing and preparing for the weather, warm, cool, rain, NOT for SNOW :p

• Like 1

Those that are willing to brave a chance of rain at times or even all day long may end up getting bargains and I have vendors with tents tell me that a rain day has been hugely profitable.  You never know.  We will have weather this week whatever it may be and in the end it will be a GREAT week.  Stop by the literature sale today (Tuesday) at the library, visit the Bookmobile and 29 Whippet (for sale) at the library tent and see all the new merchandise at AACA locations in front of Giant Center (new) and on Chocolate Field North (blue trailer and tent) 

2 hours ago, Steve Moskowitz said:

Those that are willing to brave a chance of rain at times or even all day long may end up getting bargains and I have vendors with tents tell me that a rain day has been hugely profitable.  You never know.  We will have weather this week whatever it may be and in the end it will be a GREAT week.  Stop by the literature sale today (Tuesday) at the library, visit the Bookmobile and 29 Whippet (for sale) at the library tent and see all the new merchandise at AACA locations in front of Giant Center (new) and on Chocolate Field North (blue trailer and tent) 

Steve, please do something about the weather..........I rather pay more for my finds and walk around dry. Thank you in advance for taking care of this annoying weather. Ed ?

Seemed to be 3 types of weather today.  Misting,  light rain and  moderate/ heavy rain.  Did it ever actually stop?  I think every time I put the umbrella down,  it started in a new form of rain. 

A few vendors were braving it though and made a few sales courtesy of me.  Lets hope they are right about tomorrow.  The forecast for today showed a lot of time without rain,  let hops tomorrow’s is more accurate. 

Stay open vendors.  I’ll be here till 3 and still have a lot of money to spend. 

Still looking for bulk literature lots. 

We  ran over to Lancaster, maybe a 40 minute drive, for the afternoon.  It was largely dry only 30 miles away give or take...  tomorrow is a new day, hope to find a nice original gas and rad cap for the 1930 Standard A Roadster.. ?

Edited by Steve_Mack_CT (see edit history)

Looks like great weather for Friday and Saturday. We plan to keep our vendor spaces open until noon on Saturday. Today was wet and slow after a rocking Wednesday. This gentleman left happy on a Wednesday afternoon- his makeshift rickshaw loaded down with a grille, two wheels, five hubcaps, and two rear fenders. He hopped on the thing and peddled away- satisfied that his trip from Ontario, Canada to Hershey, Pa was a success. Things you only see in Hershey.

3E930B57-BCF9-4A61-82D1-1CBD24594C89.jpeg

• Like 1

A wet day at Hershey is better than a dry October day in the desert, at least you have the parts and best auto swap meet on the planet.

Unfortunately for the wife and I another year passes without being able to make the trip. Hopefully next year we get to bring the sunny AZ weather with us (fingers crossed).

10 hours ago, ted sweet said:

I hope the show field is okay on Saturday

Ted, the show field should be perfect.

It is a former golf course, and must have been

superbly designed for proper drainage.

A few years ago, we had over 9 inches of rain

during the week of Hershey;  when the rain ended and Saturday

came, I was expecting a muddy mess on the show field,

but I don't think there was even a single pound of mud.

This year's inch of rain shouldn't cause a single problem.

Edited by John_S_in_Penna (see edit history)
  • Like 2

Grandkids helping pack up on Wednesday, ride home in the rain Thursday was uneventful. All in all a good time, our favorite restaurant changed ownership, we won't be going back, family dog will be with us next year, along with the '12 T for the Saturday show. The next 300 days will fly by. Bob 

IMG_8246.JPG

Definitely a mixed bag of weather this week at Hershey. I woke up Saturday morning to the sound of rain on the roof of my friends RV at 4 am then I went back to sleep. The Weather Underground web site I posted earlier in this thread was Spot On down to when the rain changed to showers, the showers stopped and the full clouds went to partly sunny skies. Talk about accurate.

Charlie

On 10/12/2018 at 7:40 AM, John_S_in_Penna said:

Ted, the show field should be perfect.

It is a former golf course, and must have been

superbly designed for proper drainage.

A few years ago, we had over 9 inches of rain

during the week of Hershey;  when the rain ended and Saturday

came, I was expecting a muddy mess on the show field,

but I don't think there was even a single pound of mud.

This year's inch of rain shouldn't cause a single problem.

Yes we were very impressed about not having muddy or even wet shoes walking the car show.

That being said, even the well drained, former golf course was no match for the large & heavy 1985 American LaFrance pumper. 

Fortunately the WWII military vehicle Corbitt Prime Mover was available and pulled him out, ez as pie. 

After monsoons a few years ago SOME people still do not trust that the field will be suitable for a car show.  Thankfully those that braved the early morning rain had a terrific day with monstrous crowds.  Ted you need a new weather channel as 45 degrees?  I was there at 6:15 AM and it was in the high 50's.  Got warm enough later for me to take my coat off.  Rain, heat, wind and all it was a super GREAT Hershey week. 

• Like 2

In years past the show field has dried out quickly and it did this year, the problem this year was it rained right up until time to get on the showfield. I was on Ave. 11, driving in was fine until i turned onto Ave 11, even then i was ok until someone walked in front of me and i had to stop for them, lost my momentum and started spinning. Almost got stuck and I am still trying to get the mud and grass from under my car.

Edited by real61ss (see edit history)