Auction: Oct 20th, Geneseo, NY, '33 Auburn, '23 Lincoln

This auction to be held at Geneseo, New York, October 20th will offer an extremely choice 1933 Auburn 12-161A cabriolet and a 1923 Lincoln L seven passenger phaeton, plus a 1922 Dodge touring, a 1930 Franklin, garage equipment and other items:

https://www.cottoneauctions.com/auction/140/on-site-estate-automobiles-antiques

The '33 Auburn was a favorite when it appeared at local shows, a car that was simply maintained and enjoyed for decades.  I'm sure the new owner will as well.

• Like 2

Description 1933 Auburn 12-161A Cabriolet Car # 2115F Engine # BB1839A Body # L45 5733 The vehicle has not been rebodied. Previous owners: Russell Laidlaw, Geneseo, NY (1963-Present), Hollis Simonds, Greenfield, MA (?-1963). Currently registered in New York State, Plate # HX548 Auburn-Cord-Duesenberg Club - Verification of Originality - Category 1 Qualification
Category Highlights
Auction Date Oct 20, 2018

33Auburn.jpg

Not sure what the market is on them as I don't have the money to play with them now but i know the 12 commands more than the 8.  I would guess around 100G.  It's not a fresh car as it has a small rip in the top and some paint issues on the rear pan below the rumble lid.  It would be the perfect candidate for me if I wasn't so broke. 

• 3 weeks later...

Unfortunately? we have a pretty nice  piece of property with a nice house that I can't hide a storage body on well,  so I am stuck with building a "nice" garage.  That Auburn really deserves to be in a nice dry heated garage, especially with the Northeast temperature swings and humidity. 

I just need to learn to live within my beer pocketbook and forget the champagne taste. ;)

1 hour ago, alsancle said:

Auburn feels cheap to me.

Might have brought more at a regular auction venue.  Hard to say without seeing it in person as to be perfect looked like it needed a re restore, but I would have been more than happy to have it with a little age on it,  so I could enjoy it. 

Having seen it person for years at local shows, the Auburn was a nicely preserved, maintained car with some restoration work done probably in the 1960's, then enjoyed.  The chrome wire wheels have been done recently, my old photos show them painted with black-wall tires.  At any rate, it is a sweetheart of a car, lucky the new owner who won this, hope he appreciates and takes good care of what he's bought.

Steve