Getting old I guess

Joe in Canada

What is the story on handy cap carts at Hershey? Hurt my leg end of August and some days its a chore getting around. I have a small cart but do not want to be turned away after the long drive there. Good days I can walk and bad days the wife ties my shoe.  

Edited by Joe in Canada (see edit history)

1 hour ago, Restorer32 said:

Do you have a Handicapped placard or tag? If so they cannot by law refuse to allow you to use it nor can they even ask the nature of your handicap. I have become something of a warrior for Handicapped Rights since I have become handicapped myself.

Me too!  I have a manual push wheelchair so my big issue is parking.  If it’s too far away I’m out of energy by the time I get to what I want to see or do.  Some parking lots put handicap parking on their non level spaces.  That’s what drives me nuts!  I either fly out of my van or can’t get back in. Such fun!

What Steve says is golden.  I had a broken leg last year for Hershey and rented a scooter from a place in Harrisburg .  It was delivered to my hotel.  Easy to load in the van and when we got on the field, rode it over to the designated check-in spot on the lower right side of the Giant Center.  They checked my drivers license, handicapped card and put a little colored tag on the scooter.  Good-to-go all week.  It was a blessing to be able to get around and enjoy the event.   Follow the Dr's (and your wife's) orders and you'll heal quickly.   I'm not renting a scooter this time!

Terry

Thanks for all the advise on the process greatly appreciated. I will not use the scooter and leave it in the truck if things are better but I want to be prepared if I have to. I would find it such an inconvenience getting through the vending stalls looking through boxes having to park it somewhere and even getting in the thick of things with the crowd will be a pain on a scooter. Thanks again Joe  

Joe, my spots are in Chocolate Field

CG 32,33,34

You can leave it there, but it will be unguarded overnight - bring a cover if convenient