Dodge 1934

Magnus707

I just bought a Dodge -34 2-doors sedan. Do some one having a picture of the front seats? I believe they are different compared to 4-doors sedan and coupes.

I just want to understand if they are original  or not. Here is a photo of my front seats.

B2562DD4-E7F1-4F59-8922-346D1649B689.jpeg

Based on my 1933 Plymouth two door sedan, I'd guess that the seat bucket frames are original and the replacement fabric was sewn to something close to the original. But the fabric on the seats and doors, etc. looks really wrong to me.

• Like 1

I'm no Dodge expert but I'd say the seats are correct but the fabric is not.  The upholstery pattern may or may not be - cars of that era often had pleats like shown in the above pic.  4-doors and coupes usually have bench seats.  2-doors can have bench or buckets - either way, they pretty much have to have folding backrests to access the backseat.

Thanks, I know that the fabric isn’t correct. I believe it was done in the 70s based on the cars history.

I haven’t been able to find any photos of the front seats. I believe it should be bucket seats in a 2-doors sedan, which is different compare to 4-doors sedans and coupes. I am not sure.

I plan to redo the upholstey. 

Out of that what material and color was used at that time and what pattern, buttons etc was used.

You can see what the original 1933 Plymouth front bucket seats looked like on my website. 1934 Plymouth is almost identical. Dodge use a bit more upscale/up-market interior but as far as I've seen for that era, they were obviously designed by the the same team and it wouldn't surprise me if the sewing patterns were the same. And if you have some parts books we could compare the numbers for the seat frame: I'm guessing they have the same numbers for Dodge as for Plymouth with only the fabric or leather coverings being different.

On the Plymouth, and I strongly for suspect the Dodge, the whole bucket seat pivots on the front edge to allow access to the rear. The forward tilt of the driver seat in my car is limited by the steering wheel so it is much easier to access the back from the passenger side.