Choke and Throttle Parts

jord

Looking at one of the vendors and they list a cable to the carb and also a fixed rod. Which would I need the prices are high just for a simple cable assembly. Right now I have the cable for the old V8 engine which is very short. Or even a photo of both may help me at a local auto parts store.

Thanks as always

Jord

Here is a link to photos of a 1939 Zephyr that include engine compartment photos. It looks like there is a cable from the instrument panel to the engine compartment and a rod in the engine compartment. I don't think that you are going to  find a satisfactory replacement in an auto parts store. The replacement rod for Fords look like they are too short for your car.

http://www.secondchancegarage.com/classic-car-photogallery14/1939-lincoln-zephyr-conv/1939-lincoln-zephyr-conv.cfm

Jord,

I'am going to try and send to you a scan from the "Lincoln- Zephyr 1936- 1940 Chassis Parts List". This will show the parts used with

a car equiped  w/ HV12-- check our vendors on this site. If you don't receive the detailed print from the parts book ,

send me your "E" mail address to zephyr38@verizon.net  and I'll send that way--- Larry

img001.jpg

You might try contacting some of the junk yards like Desert Valley Auto Parts and French Lake  Auto parts. I am not sure which years interchange, but the May, 1946 Chassis Parts Catalog seems to indicate that the 1939-1948 should interchange, but Booze-Herrel catalog shows that the 36-39 interchange. I would check with a Technical Adviser with the LZOC.

Edited by 19tom40
correct typos (see edit history)
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, jord said:

Ken,  did yours come with the carb ball fitting or can I buy the end online somewhere. The spring loaded ball connector at the end of the cable

No they did not. What I did was cut the ball connector off of a rod then drilled a hole in the end to fit the wire cable in and crimped it on . 

• Like 1