Sign in to follow this  
Bdad

Oil & Filter

Ed,

my car will have vintage air a/c in a year or two as driving in Australia without it isn’t as fun as it was in much colder Sweden. You might have seen elsewhere that I am slowly converting it with fan shroud and other parts already in place under the hood. The internal will look stock a/c in the end (I already have all parts for that) so none of your suggestions are an alternative for me.

It is strange how the look of the car got stuck in my brain when I bought my first ‘63 as a teenager, the autometer gauges look very nice and I was consider them for a while but went with their oil and water gauges in the ashtray instead to minimize the esthetic impact.

10 minutes ago, KongaMan said:

And the speedo only goes to 120. ;) 

My tires are only rated to 112. 😎 My brain is probably rated to 85 and my headlights are the originals which are good for 55. I could live with 120.

There are quite a few other dual quad guage sets that have 140 mph speedometer and analog odometer but I thought these looked fairly close to the originals. Like these but this setup doesnt have the Tech built in.

at52slc.jpg.1f12330a4c2fbd41de5141c888ba491a.jpg

There's a guy on V8Buick that converts the right side idiot lights to gauges for the '63&'64 gauge assemblies. I think he is known by Wildcat 64. He uses the stock original housing & installs gauges.

Tom T.

His user name on V8Buick is 64 wildcat conv.  Do a search & I'm sure you will be able to find it.  I don't know if he can do a '65 as the cluster is slightly diff.

Tom T.

Here's a picture of the conversion to which Tom made reference.  It appears that in order to contact him you'll have to do it through the V8Buick forum.  He states in one of his threads that these are '64 OEM units.'  Wonder from what make/model he pulled tthem? 

782266200_customgagecluster.jpg.4cd166acddda8f1fc062287c9abd1616.jpg

My `69 Chevelle SS 396 had a gauge package which was VERY similar except if my recall is correct I had a tach in the center also! Always wanted to do such a conversion in my `65

Tom Mooney

31 minutes ago, RivNut said:

Here's a repo of the guages/ tach cluster to which Tom is refering.

759-ch27529.thumb.jpg.bed82b61ed28cabaaf493c88c5e3e2e5.jpg

Wow...that brings back some memories....car was a bench seat 4 speed and the tach spent way too much time in the red. When (not if) I missed third gear speed shifting the rocker studs would pull out of the heads!

I think this could be adapted to a Riv, especially a `65 instrument panel,

Tom

25 minutes ago, 1965rivgs said:

Wow...that brings back some memories....car was a bench seat 4 speed and the tach spent way too much time in the red. When (not if) I missed third gear speed shifting the rocker studs would pull out of the heads!

I think this could be adapted to a Riv, especially a `65 instrument panel,

Tom

This is a repo sold by JEGS, Summit, and ???.  Ive yet to figure out  who makes it.  Perhaps with a little persuasion, the manufacturer could be enticed to make a prototype  for the Riviera.  🤔

Edited by RivNut (see edit history)