A Different Way to Enjoy Your Old Car

oldcarfudd

If you're tired of obsessing over the point that will be deducted for wrong hose clamps - - -

If sitting at a show all day answering silly questions is losing its appeal - - -

If you're debating putting a bigger engine and disk brakes in your car to make it drivable - - -

Take a look at this posting from today's Model T website.  If I didn't live in New Jersey, my T would be on this tour.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gary Giarratano-Arvada, CO on Sunday, September 30, 2018 - 02:50 am:

The Mile High Chapter is having a fall tour to the Spanish Peaks area in Southern Colorado next weekend. We can accommodate a few more cars if anyone is interested. Rooms are still available at the Cuchara Inn for $106 per night 719-742-3685. We will be traveling from Cuchara, Colorado on Highway 12 (The Highway of Legends) a designated Scenic Byway, to Trinidad, CO on Saturday Oct. 6th. On Oct. 7th we will travel from Cuchara, CO over 11,248 ft. Cordova Pass to Aguilar, CO and the Ludlow Massacre Memorial, (Colorado National Guard slaughtered five striking miners, two women and 11 children). We will travel back through coal mining ruins on dirt back roads. About 50 miles dirt and 50 miles paved. On Oct. 8th we will travel from Cuchara, CO to La Veta, CO and visit the Francisco Museum, the oldest original US fort in Colorado. Then it is on to some abandoned coal fields with remnants of buildings, a cemetery and gun turrets on the hillsides where the mine guards kept watch on the striking miners. We will then have a picnic at Uptop. Uptop is an old train depot at the top of the old La Veta Pass. Uptop made history in 1877 when the Denver & Rio Grande Railroad crossed the Rocky Mountains for the first time over Veta Pass. At the time it was the worlds highest railroad. We will then drive back to Cuchara to load the cars. All meals and expenses are on your own except the picnic on Oct. 8th. I will need to collect $20 per person for the lunch and porta potty. For questions call me at 720-215-8238

• Like 5

That sounds like my kind of tour tour. I don't do car shows. Last May on the Nickel Tour we climbed Hurricane Ridge. 5200 ft elevation from our sea level start. My 11 T loved it. So did I! Best part of the tour.

Ken

Nickel tour  Ken's 11 T Hurricane ridge elev 5242 ft.JPG

Nickel tour (Large).JPG

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

I recently got my 38 humpback Dodge panel on the road. Been in the family since near new and never been abandoned or restored. Brush paint job in the fifties and mechanical repairs but original and I'm the only one who has touched it since 1970. I've been to a few small local "car club" gatherings and find I don't have much in common with current collectors. It's pretty much all "as bought" street rods, customs, and muscle cars. Everybody asks---- what are you going to do with the old truck?  When I say it's finished and all I'm going to do is drive it they don't get it. Finally found one old 30s Buick in original but restored condition and tried to talk "shop" with the guy. He didn't know much about the car, and nothing about the mechanical aspects. He bought it that way! Would like to find some similar vintage originals to hang out with! 

• Like 2