Out with the old, In with the New (old) Seats

Dashmaster

My drivers seat split at the seams on the upper part by the shoulder area, A support wire is broken in the area.

Purchased the New Old seats from Eastcoast Reatta Parts. They were out of a 42K mile convertible. I think one of two the white blue cars that was switched to white seats.

Here are pictures of the old and new side by side before installing them. Old seats on the left, new on the right. First Image is the Drivers.

In the car the drivers seat and seats did not look bad color wise or out of shape. But look at the differences. These new old seats are so much more soft and comfortable.

last picture is the separated part of the old drivers seat.

IMG_20180915_125127.jpg

IMG_20180915_141332.jpg

IMG_20180915_125155.jpg

Edited by Dashmaster (see edit history)
  • Like 1

As I stated in the other post you had regarding how you got you Reatta and what repairs you had to do, don't throw the old seats away. Take off the track motor and then remove the seat skins and keep them. Then you can throw the seats away. Too many uses for what's left.

Dave. My plan is to keep them. Clean up the passenger seat good and disassemble the top of the drivers seat to see about the broken support wire. It was pushing up on the side in the shoulder area and I think this stress made the seats spit open sooner. I know the other material is work keeping for sure. Blue is not an easy color to get parts for.

Also: The original seats had a black cord on the inside side riveted to the seats, this cord went around the inner seat belt and I think it was to move the seat belt buckle forward and back with the seat movement.  The new seats showed no sign of this. I wonder is this is another 88 only item that was dropped for later cars.