October Bugle

shart

I just finished reading the October Bugle cover-to-cover. It's a blockbuster issue for sure with the CO meet photos, writing, so many good Buick owner stories, etc. Marlene McLaughlin's account of her and Bill's trip from Canada to the meet was a scream! So funny and realistic and entertaining. I felt like I was in the car with them. Thanks to Pete, all of the photographers and the  meet chair-people from the Mile High Chapter for an excellent meet. I really enjoyed it.

• Like 6

Steve,

Thanks for the kind words. FYI, there is a mistake on page 27, with two 1927 Buicks being listed as 1929s. My mistake. They were the same color as the two '29s that I was looking for among my 300-400 photos of the meet, and I didn't catch the error in proof-reading. I do know the difference between 1927s and 1929s, but I'm sure I will get many, many phone calls and e-mails pointing out the mistake.

Pete Phillips

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

My copy arrived in the mail today (thankfully as there may be a strike at Canada Post starting Monday last I heard).  

I came to ask about the cars on page 27...owning a 29-51, I knew the photo wasn’t right for the caption.  Thanks Pete for pointing it out since I was going to ask the year.  I knew it was older.