Hershey Bound

Brian_Heil

Stop at the BCA booth  GBK 35-37, early on your visit.  They always have a list of Buick booths and buick suppliers.  I am hoping for good weather Saturday as I want to bring my 1917 D45.  It's not a show stopper, but I want to get the 100 year old AACA badge.  I sure hope it will drive from the trailer parking area to the show field.

Bob Engle  

5 hours ago, Bob Engle said:

Stop at the BCA booth  GBK 35-37, early on your visit.  They always have a list of Buick booths and buick suppliers.  I am hoping for good weather Saturday as I want to bring my 1917 D45.  It's not a show stopper, but I want to get the 100 year old AACA badge.  I sure hope it will drive from the trailer parking area to the show field.

Bob Engle  

I may miss you as I will be headed home Friday. I helped Jim Milewski sort his ‘23 out some years ago all the way in Utica, NY or near there.  Buick Engineering still makes house calls. 

• Haha 1

I expect to show a 1912 Model 35.  Not for judging.  It took a senior about 5 years ago, and I've driven the bejabbers out of it ever since.  (And it shows!)  I'll also drive it on the Hangover on Sunday and Monday, unless I get daring and drive my one-cylinder Cadillac instead.

Gil Fitzhugh the Elder

• Like 2

12 hours ago, oldcarfudd said:

I expect to show a 1912 Model 35.  Not for judging.  It took a senior about 5 years ago, and I've driven the bejabbers out of it ever since.  (And it shows!)  I'll also drive it on the Hangover on Sunday and Monday, unless I get daring and drive my one-cylinder Cadillac instead.

Gil Fitzhugh the Elder

I follow you and your Buick, and all your touring exploits, in the HCCA magazine.  You are one of my heroes!

Edited by Brian_Heil (see edit history)
  • Like 1

I will be with Wayne Funk and Denny Newman @ RWO 18-19.  Not sure how much time I will be there since I have nothing to sell but Wayne and Denny are fine company.  Who better to introduce me to Hershey?

Seems everyone in the hobby knows Wayne and he recently completed his Buick Model F and toured it this year for the first time.  He tours numerous other vehicles.

Denny has a restoration shop north of Flint and many know him as well.  His bread and butter is Ford T work, but he always has some other brass project going too.  He's as good as they come and always has a waiting list.

On 9/22/2018 at 7:59 PM, Brian_Heil said:

After more years than I care to admit, I hope to check the 'Hershey Box' this year for the first time.

Rather surprised no one else has posted anything about Hershey 2018.

Each year I would see the Hershey Posts and wish I was going.

Anyone else this year?

Each year I say, well maybe this will be the last time, and then I go again.  I have a lot of good used 1941 Buick chrome, a little '39 stuff, and some other stuff that I could put in the back of the Suburban.  I did not get a flea market space unfortunately.  My '41 was finished after I could get a space, but I have a good parking space where I could meet people.  At this time I do not plan to bring the Suburban, but I could if it turned out somebody was really hot for some good, re-plateable chrome

Edited by Dynaflash8 (see edit history)

I will be there with our crew from the Westerly-Pawcatuck Region AACA club.

It will be my third year. It is a lot of fun. During the day we sell from our site

and go around buying stuff. A trip to the museum is a definite thing to put on

your list. There  will be free bus service to and back.

Our guys will have some Plymouth, Packard, and Buick stuff. I will have several

items that go to a 1941 Buick. We have a page on ourwebsite

that lists a few items. Feel free to stop by and introduce

yourself.

Edited by Roadmaster71 (see edit history)

My spaces are in the CHOCOLATE FIELD 

Spaces CG 32,33,34

look for the truck with Louisiana license plate "MARTY R" or "AACA1"

On 9/30/2018 at 12:22 PM, Roadmaster71 said:

I will be there with our crew from the Westerly-Pawcatuck Region AACA club.

It will be my third year. It is a lot of fun. During the day we sell from our site

and go around buying stuff. A trip to the museum is a definite thing to put on

your list. There  will be free bus service to and back.

Our guys will have some Plymouth, Packard, and Buick stuff. I will have several

items that go to a 1941 Buick. We have a page on ourwebsite

that lists a few items. Feel free to stop by and introduce

yourself.

Do  you need any chrome.  I have all of the pot metal chrome and the two front headlights off of my car.  It's all quite good used and would easily re-plate nice or use as is for a driver.  My Suburban will be in the Giant Center parking lot Thurs-Fri-Sat and maybe a little while Wed afternoon.  I don't have a spot, but I plan to put the two-three boxes in the back of the Suburban.  It is all from a Roadmaster, all fits a Super and some fits the rest.

Also have a re-plated rear bumper for a 40-60 model I might bring that was a bad job and needs replating again.  Paid $200 for it last year but would take $100 to move it along.  I won't bring it unless somebody asks me to before I go.  I also have a used pair of '39 fender lights with lenses.

Edited by Dynaflash8 (see edit history)

2 hours ago, Dynaflash8 said:

Do  you need any chrome.

My chrome is actually one of the better features of the car. A few spots here and there on the rear bumper of the Roadmaster, but otherwise very good.

This year  I will be bringing mostly '41 parts and some manuals for other cars. I am also putting together a DVD of some of my own items that do not

appear in digital form very often.

Mostly I will  be having a good time with the guys. I am too new to this hobby to ever make any money on my scarce horde of odd parts.

51 minutes ago, Roadmaster71 said:

My chrome is actually one of the better features of the car. A few spots here and there on the rear bumper of the Roadmaster, but otherwise very good.

This year  I will be bringing mostly '41 parts and some manuals for other cars. I am also putting together a DVD of some of my own items that do not

Mostly I will  be having a good time with the guys. I am too new to this hobby to ever make any money on my scarce horde of odd parts.

Mine was also very good, just not good enough for me. My car has only 59,000 miles on it.  We've talked before.  Where are your spaces?

51 minutes ago, Roadmaster71 said:

21 minutes ago, Dynaflash8 said:

Mine was also very good, just not good enough for me. My car has only 59,000 miles on it.  We've talked before.  Where are your spaces?

Our location is: We will be at Site No.  RCC-89-92, Red Field, south end of the Hershey Stadium. (registered under name of Bob Burdick)

• 2 weeks later...

Well, my first Hershey is in the books as they say.

Crazy the amount of stuff people haul there.

I have to believe there is more cash there walking around than in Las Vegas as everyone has a roll of bills in their boot.

No, I didn't see it all.  But I did see lots of my Buick Buddies as I wandered around!

Hugh got my side curtains to borrow to use as patterns to make his set. I picked up two headlamp lenses for my '23 from John Tarelton a Nickel Tour Buddy who has so many, he only unloads the 18,000 he carries at Hershey.  Bought some 1960s Buick logo floor mats cheap to trim to fit my Buick since the edges are bad and I will be trimming them to fit anyway and the ones I made 22 years ago the same way are just about shot.

The highlight was all the visiting I got to do with Denny and Tom Newman, Wayne Funk and Larry Schramm who showed me the 'ropes'.

Edited by Brian_Heil (see edit history)
  • Like 3