Parking passes Hershey

Frantz

Just a complaint for the sake of having the conversation... Might the folks who run Hershey consider a better solution to parking passes rather than sending SASE? It know it's not a big deal, but it is one of those extra PIA things that I can't fathom a reason for. Every other meet I've judged at mails the passes when you register automatically. If it's about the postage, why not just give an option to pay for the postage as well when you register as an add on? Because it's one of those things every judge needs, requiring an added step seems like it also is an added step for whoever has to constantly check their mail box and send the passes out.

By now, you should realize that the handling of the judges is by the chief judge at the Hershey Region.  The technology to do it a different way is simple for the region or national.  You are just not getting your ideas to the right person.  You obviously, as a judge, have the email for the chief judge.  Your ideas are good so send them to Marc so that he can discuss with his region. While I like Bill's idea I worry that some would abuse it....parking is tight.

Please remember, volunteers are doing this and unless you have ever handled a meet, especially one this size, you would have no idea of how much time it takes these people. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Steve Moskowitz said:

By now, you should realize that the handling of the judges is by the chief judge at the Hershey Region.  The technology to do it a different way is simple for the region or national.  You are just not getting your ideas to the right person.  You obviously, as a judge, have the email for the chief judge.  Your ideas are good so send them to Marc so that he can discuss with his region. While I like Bill's idea I worry that some would abuse it....parking is tight.

Please remember, volunteers are doing this and unless you have ever handled a meet, especially one this size, you would have no idea of how much time it takes these people. 

No disagreements with you Steve. I brought it up here for the conversation and to air out the idea. I was hoping to have a few folks make my idea better, or point out things I was overlooking so that if presented, it would make sense and be an improvement not just for us judges but also those who volunteer for the less glamorous admin side of things. I know where an email with no value ends up!

Good point Annie! I just picked up a pretty original and clean 1986 F150... not a show winner but 120k 2wd and very minimal rust... but clean and unmolested (well I have to change the rims back, but the previous owner gave me the factory rims with it). HPOF is a good possibility for next year. Yes it's really just a used truck.... but it was in my budget and too nice to see it's life ended as a farm truck... 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...