WHY

This is purported to be a 1929 Chevrolet from e bay in the UK.  Why does it have a Pontiac rear window.  Any and all speculation and comment is appreciated.  Beautiful car by the way.

ebay145908053239331.jpg

25 minutes ago, Leif Holmberg said:

I don`t belive that,this car has probebly been built in this way later?Never seen a similar Chevrolet.

Leif in Sweden.

I think it was built that way....here is another export 1929 Chevrolet....same curves at the windows and same oval rear window....it even has the same splash apron adornments....https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:1929_Chevrolet_AC_International_Sedan_(25026660225).jpg

1929 Chevrolet export.jpg

Edited by keiser31 (see edit history)
  • Like 1

Looks like a Holden bodied Chev from Australia the has been a quite  a few of our Chevs heading to England our club had a enquiry a few years ago about a 29 Chev with our club badge on it turned out to be former club car that had some how made its way to England 

Cheers Ben

My copy of The History of Holden by Norm Darwin (1975) makes no mention of an oval rear window but it does say that the 1929 sedan bodies were 'much revised' from 1928. It was Holden's first volume produced closed sedan body. Mention is made of the curved upper edges of the windows and that they didn't have the third window along the side, that the Fisher cars had. The Touring Sedan had a side mounted spare whereas the other models used a rear mounted spare. Holden built 2404 of these sedans and 3834 touring bodies. There were also 50 Landau Sedans, 158 standard coupes, 620' Sports Deluxe' roadsters and 513 standard roadsters.