Restoring

knobless

9 hours ago, David_Leech said:

You have a nice facility to undertake such an adventure in. As for myself, I have only enough room to barely store my DB and only perform in-chassis repairs. I am quite envious

Yes but it took 10 years to get here, thought I made the garage big enough, but getting smaller with every part removed,  in my next life” I will have a 2 room house and a 12 stall garage, haha

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

On 9/20/2018 at 2:42 PM, PlymouthPE said:

How did you raise and lift the body off the frame?

Jack stands, blocks 4x4 to span the body , jack and blocks on frame enough to get 4x4 under the body, then jack under 4x4 in center and keep raising jack stands, works good just go slow,,,,in the process of building cart with more 4x4 s  and use the “ Skates” to move it around when it’s time,,,Done this with a few worked out we’ll, 

Also pulled motor and trans out at the same time, very easy,  remove  4 bolts on front motor mount, and 8 bolts on crossmember and the whole unit comes right out,,,,Remember to disconnect brake lines, and anything else attached to frame to engine,,,,IE, cables , vac line, fuel line,etc.

Edited by knobless (see edit history)

On 9/24/2018 at 3:58 AM, Pete in PA said:

You just never know what you're going to find when you tear into a 85 YO car, do you?

And I agree that you have a very nice workspace!  Looks like you're all set to settle in for a winter's work.  Great progress so far.

On 9/24/2018 at 3:58 AM, Pete in PA said:

You just never know what you're going to find when you tear into a 85 YO car, do you?

And I agree that you have a very nice workspace!  Looks like you're all set to settle in for a winter's work.  Great progress so far

.Cotter pins are suppose to work , right?? Also someone used smaller bolt on steering center link causing hole to enlarge, not good need to find a fix for this,,