Sign in to follow this  
mojoe59

glass reflectors

Looking for a pair of 7" diameter  glass reflectors for Rushmore headlights.  Whether the silver mirror is good or nor makes no difference.  Must be crack free.  These are the thick glass reflectors, about 1/2" thick.   Any help is appreciated.Thanks

860-868-7012

Edited by mojoe59 (see edit history)

"Looking for a pair of 7" thick glass reflectors" ........."These are the thick glass reflectors"

Does any meaningful light escape these?😉

5 hours ago, Ozstatman said:

"Looking for a pair of 7" thick glass reflectors" ........."These are the thick glass reflectors"

YA, that grabbed my attention too. 

11 hours ago, Ozstatman said:

I have been playing with reflective optics for 60 years. In the context of the use these reflectors are being put to, the answer is :  No.

"Meaningful" is a relative term, and I think the curiosity stems from the thickness of the glass. There is always some light loss in any reflective or transmissive optical system. In this case the thickness would not play a part. I am trying to avoid TMI, but I could say that in the case of a backsilvered zero power, (uniform thickness - I assume that is what the subject reflector is), meniscus, thickness variation would only impact the spherochromatism. The good news here is that most of the very minimal light loss in this particular system (reflector and lens), actually ends up somewhere in the illuminated field. I hope this helps.   -   Carl