Advice on 1923 Olds 47

Stude Light

I am considering buying a 1923 Olds47 with the 233.7 cu in V8.  Just wondering if anyone can share driving characteristics of this car and experience with the V8 and driveline. I have a nice driving 1923 6 cylinder Studebaker Light Six Touring car but it doesn't drive as nice as say a late 20's car.  I'm just wondering how much the V8 changes things for an early 20s car.  Thanks for any input.

Scott

I'd say drive it before you buy it and determine for yourself.  At 63 horsepower it will get out of its own way better than some of the same type of cars of that era and certainly better than the 4's and six cylinders Olds produced.  I had a couple V-8's but never drove them to any extent.  I would do my best to see how well the car has been maintained as this engine has an unusual characteristic with only two main bearings.  Good luck///what body style are you looking at?  

Another touring car. I am a bit concerned on the two main design, especially with an aluminum block but can find very little info on that V8. I was looking for someone with experience with this engine to help alleviate my fears. Thanks for the advice though. Looking at it tonight.

Scott