34studepres

Overdrive question for '37 Airflow

Believe it or not, this is near an original car. New tires and chrome and a 60 year old paint job! Engine has never been touched or detailed. It runs and drives like it's brand new.

Greetings 34studepres,

I have generated a scanned extract from the owners' manual for my 1936 C-9 Airflow Airflow Chrysler Eight Instruction Book;  December 1935 entitled Transmission with Overdrive.  This contains a diagram of the internals of the transmission, a description of the components and complete guide to operation explaining both the Overdrive and freewheeling functions.  Unfortunately, the file is too large to attach to this thread.  Please send me an email (kanas@qadas.com) with your email address and I will send you the extract.

6 minutes ago, 1937 Buick 66C said:

Greetings 34studepres,

I have generated a scanned extract from the owners' manual for my 1936 C-9 Airflow Airflow Chrysler Eight Instruction Book;  December 1935 entitled Transmission with Overdrive.  This contains a diagram of the internals of the transmission, a description of the components and complete guide to operation explaining both the Overdrive and freewheeling functions.  Unfortunately, the file is too large to attach to this thread.  Please send me an email (kanas@qadas.com) with your email address and I will send you the extract.

keiser 31 @ charter . net  no spaces.

If you send it to me, I will reduce them and post them here.

Edited by keiser31 (see edit history)

On my Airflow, at exactly 42mph with the dash knob all the way in, you let up on the gas, hear a slight clunk and into overdrive she goes. You have to let up on the gas, otherwise, the car would never go into overdrive. I used to run my 37 Airflow 70mph on the highway at low rpms. It was a wonderful system.

Edited by RICHELIEUMOTORCAR (see edit history)