1937 Buick 40 coupe trunk hardware ??

bhemi

Did coupes in 1937/38 ever come with a license plate mount on the trunk lid. I thought they were on a bracket above the drivers side taillight. Also, did the 40 specials have a trunk lid with a lever handle pointing down or a "T" shaped handle. Mt car came with a great trunk lid but no hardware and all the holes were filled. I have done many searches on Google Images but no good pics show the trunk area in detail. I have ordered a manual but am curious in the meantime.

Im not sure if it is original to the car as the primer on it does not match anything else,  but the trunk lid that came on my 1937 66  Century coupe did not seem to have any holes previously filled from a license plate bracket or light, and only has the taillight plate mount. The handle for the trunk is the T shaped one which does seem original to the car, as it was boxed with the door and window handles and seems to match the wear of them.

The 1937 40 Series car that is local to me is the left car in this photo of local Buicks. I think that you should have a license plate bracket on the left tail light asembly on your 1937 40 Series coupe. As far as I know, the coupe license plate bracket moved to the trunk lid in 1938. 

DSC_0450.JPG

• Like 1