Adding Grease to 600w Oil?

DB26

Hello, after looking through several exausting posts about oil viscosity / 600 vs 1500. I just have one question. I've seen referenced a few times adding chassis grease to the 600w oil to make it a better consistency. What kind of grease should I buy? Multi purpose, synthetic, wheel bearing, black, red, high temp, low temp, lithium, moly...I was thinking of using this:

https://www.amazon.com/Valvoline-Automotive-Multi-Purpose-Grease-14-1oz/dp/B000CQ4DIM

Thoughts? 

40 minutes ago, Spinneyhill said:

Another idea would be to use a semi-fluid grease instead of SAE 250 oil plus grease. What do you mean by "better consistency"? For what?

I've read here:

Here:

Here:

And here:

About adding grease to the 600 to make it thicker. Since the 600 you buy is usually thinner than original.

4 minutes ago, JFranklin said:

The state of fluidity usually was described as semi fluid. Gear oil from the parts store is fluid and finds the way out, always seeking the lowest point - the ground. He is looking for that sweet spot of consistency.

Yes. Thank you! 

Are you interested in appropriate lubrication or in it not leaking?

If you use something too thick in the gearbox, the lubrication is compromised because it is all flung off onto the walls of the box and runs back very slowly to the bottom of the box. You risk reducing lubrication to a level where wear could ensue.

Ford's Model A gear oil, colloquially known as 600w, is apparently an ISO600 to ISO680 gear oil. That is near the bottom of the SAE 250 gear oil viscosity band.

42 minutes ago, Spinneyhill said:

Are you interested in appropriate lubrication or in it not leaking?

If you use something too thick in the gearbox, the lubrication is compromised because it is all flung off onto the walls of the box and runs back very slowly to the bottom of the box. You risk reducing lubrication to a level where wear could ensue.

Ford's Model A gear oil, colloquially known as 600w, is apparently an ISO600 to ISO680 gear oil. That is near the bottom of the SAE 250 gear oil viscosity band.

Almost any modern lubrication made today can be appropriate if it is near the proper viscosity. some gl5 gear lubes can harm yellow metals. I don't mix base formulas as they may be incompatible. Old soap grease mixes with most gear oils. Standard chassis grease will mix well also.