Sign in to follow this  
amxdreamer

New member saying hi

Hello everyone, just signed up for the forum and looking at joining AACA. I live in British Columbia Canada and have a 1970 AMX that I have shown since 2011 through AMCRC, AMO and a few invitational Concours events. I see that there is a National show in ID next week but nothing in the Northwest next year. Curious if any more events are still in the works for 2019 so i can start looking at booking any required holidays.

• Like 1

AACA operates at two levels with both National activities and local regional shows.  National awards are given only at National shows.  The show in ID is a local region show and will not be awarding AACA National awards only local level awards.  Our final National show for the year is in Hershey, PA in October.  Scroll through the Calendar of Events on the AACA home page and you will find the 2019 National events in bold and clearly call labeled as a National show.

Glad you joined us here and hope you will join AACA as well.

• Like 1

Welcome, Mr. AMX!

You'll find that there are at least a couple of

other people on the forum, regulars here,

who live in British Columbia.

I visited B. C. once, several years ago--mostly

Victoria and Whistler in the summer--and found

it to be a beautiful province!

Edited by John_S_in_Penna (see edit history)

Thanks for the welcomes everyone. I did look at the schedule but didn't notice the level of show, thanks for pointing that out. Here are a couple of pictures I took this summer while I was touring around with the car to different events and at the Greenwich Concours d'Elegance

cropped 004.jpg

cropped 015.jpg

cropped 018.jpg

36563446_1933173046714706_7351518585090473984_o.jpg

Edited by amxdreamer
adding pictures (see edit history)
  • Like 1

Nice looking AMX. I always heard that 1970 was the best model year for muscle cars. Thanks for posting the pics....

Welcome! I think I recognize your name from the AMC forums I used to frequent! Glad to have you and your great AMC here!

Welcome to the AACA! I've always been a Rambler/AMC fan but never got to own an AMX.

Beautiful paint job. That shade of green suits your car perfectly.

Is the car a 4-speed? Would like to see pics of the interior.

Thanks everyone for the compliments, AMC has always been my favourite and I'm thrilled to own the car and be able to take it round and show people the great cars that AMC made. The car is not 100% stock so will have to make some changes before AACA judging.

Doug, I think you might remember me from the Ford trucks forum also.

RansomEli, I never thought I would own a green car but the Glen Green Metallic on this car comes alive in the sun and I love it!

IMG_4674.JPG

IMG_6648.JPG

IMG_6688.JPG