CarsInc

VickyBlue

Watch the high quality center cap retainer clip they sold me... This is the second one I bought, as I lost my center cap early this year somewhere in the Truckee snowstorm. Fusic send me the wrong one, the 2" and I swore never buy anything from them again. Now this... Chinese technology at it's best. We had a discussion the other day, on a different subject, a timing cover Made by TA, vs the one made by Proform, and was lectured about buying products from Buick "Mom and Pop" outfits, like Cars. I did and this is what I get from Cars...

Vicky,

I`m not sure but it is my understanding Cars has retainers available in the original size, which is 2 1/8, and a size which enables folks to use original Buick wheels with the 2 inch hole, so with a 2 inch retainer. Perhaps they sent you the 2 inch retainer. Did you call them?

Tom

I tried to bend the tabs on the first one, thinking I can make it work and one of them broke. I am not touching the tabs, I shouldn't have to bend the tabs to make it fit. I will try find a used one on eBay. All my other three used NOS ones work like they are supposed to. 

20 hours ago, RivNut said:

his parts are built in the U.S.

Actually this is not true. Mitch told me himself that he can't get his parts made in the US at a price that gives him a decent profit, thus all parts are made in China. 

2 hours ago, NC68Riviera said:

Actually this is not true. Mitch told me himself that he can't get his parts made in the US at a price that gives him a decent profit, thus all parts are made in China. 

Then the way he's worded his website is misleading.

Copied and pasted, then highlghlighted:

Wheel Center Caps for Most Buick Models from 1965–1978

1965 Riviera

How we got started – We started selling center caps for Skylark models in 1987 with the introduction of our 1965–70 Skylark and Skylark GS reproduction center caps. These caps were made from our own tooling and all the parts were manufactured and finished in the USA using small "mom and pop" shops in the Midwest area. 

20 hours ago, RivNut said:

Then the way he's worded his website is misleading.

Copied and pasted, then highlghlighted:

Wheel Center Caps for Most Buick Models from 1965–1978

1965 Riviera

How we got started – We started selling center caps for Skylark models in 1987 with the introduction of our 1965–70 Skylark and Skylark GS reproduction center caps. These caps were made from our own tooling and all the parts were manufactured and finished in the USA using small "mom and pop" shops in the Midwest area. 

I can only go by what Mitch told me. If anyone feels his web site is misleading, they should contact him directly.