Inspection help - Green Bay area

Bdad

I have need of someone familiar with '65 Riv's to take a look at a car in the Green Bay area. Wondering if anyone would have suggestions of someone I can contact. I have the details about the car and am hopeful but I really could use help from someone knowledgeable.

Appreciate suggestions.

Dick

1 hour ago, Bdad said:

I have need of someone familiar with '65 Riv's to take a look at a car in the Green Bay area. Wondering if anyone would have suggestions of someone I can contact. I have the details about the car and am hopeful but I really could use help from someone knowledgeable.

Appreciate suggestions.

Dick

Dick,

Do as Ed said and look people in Green Bay. Other cities which are very close to Green Bay that you can also look for people are Appleton, Oshkosh, Neenah or DePere .I am in Stevens Point which is about 1 1/2 hours away. If you can't find anyone closer give me a shout. 

Bill

4 minutes ago, Riviera63 said:

Dick,

Do as Ed said and look people in Green Bay. Other cities which are very close to Green Bay that you can also look for people are Appleton, Oshkosh, Neenah or DePere .I am in Stevens Point which is about 1 1/2 hours away. If you can't find anyone closer give me a shout. 

Bill

Was just sorting through WI for State and then highlighting the cities and looking them up on the map. I'm marking people who list a 63-64-65 as being owned. So far, not finding anyone reasonably near Green Bay. I don't want to ask someone to drive a long distance. If necessary perhaps I should try to find a service in the Green Bay area that is mobile and can do a classic car inspection?

21 minutes ago, Bdad said:

Was just sorting through WI for State and then highlighting the cities and looking them up on the map. I'm marking people who list a 63-64-65 as being owned. So far, not finding anyone reasonably near Green Bay. I don't want to ask someone to drive a long distance. If necessary perhaps I should try to find a service in the Green Bay area that is mobile and can do a classic car inspection?

Not that bad of a drive for me, it's 4 lane all the way. I would be happy to help out if you need it. I can also give you the name of an inspector. He is located about half way between Green Bay and Stevens Point. I would trust him. His name is John Gunnell. He has been an automotive author for over 40 years writing books and still writes articles for national publications. He also began a restoration garage known as "Gunner's Great Garage" after "retiring". Pontiac people will probably recognize his name. I know John and he has even done work on one of my collector cars. Among his many talents is classic car inspection and evaluation. I would trust him to give a fair, unbiased evaluation. Home phone number is 715-445-4262. The home number may be tied up by his computer as he is rural. Another number is 920-596-2273. i don't know if that is his cell phone or the garage number. I can do some more digging if you want. 

Bill

Edited by Riviera63
Revise text (see edit history)

45 minutes ago, Bdad said:

If you sort by zip code rather than state, you'll narrow down you search to the area you want.  Zip codes move across the states in a chronological fashion.

I did that when I was the regional coordinator for Kansas/Missouri.  There was a region out of St. Louis and one in Central Kansas.  By using zip codes, I could limit my search to Eastern Kansas and Western Missouri.  I also narrowed my search down to the Kansas City area when I contacted local members prior to the event in Overland Park last June.

2 hours ago, Bdad said:

Do you have the most recent roster from the ROA website?

I just sorted the roster I saved, it is from this month, by state and then city, in that order in the sort function, and it shows a long time member in Green Bay that owns a '65. I'm not saying that member would be able or willing to help you out, but that is what I found? I'm a firm believer that contacting an ROA member would be the way to go, but that might not always work out.

Another possibility, if the lead that Bill mentioned doesn't pan out, is check with other clubs like the BCA or the AACA and see if there is a member of that club that might be willing to help?

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Rivman said:

Do you have the most recent roster from the ROA website?

I just sorted the roster I saved, it is from this month, by state and then city, in that order in the sort function, and it shows a long time member in Green Bay that owns a '65. I'm not saying that member would be able or willing to help you out, but that is what I found? I'm a firm believer that contacting an ROA member would be the way to go, but that might not always work out.

Another possibility, if the lead that Bill mentioned doesn't pan out, is check with other clubs like the BCA or the AACA and see if there is a member of that club that might be willing to help?

I downloaded the roster from the site as an Excel file. For some reason I didn't see the Green Bay name. Guess I need to look again.

I was using LibreOffice rather than Excel. I found the Green Bay '65 owner and just sent an email asking for suggestions. Thanks for the extra set of eyes.

Edited by Bdad (see edit history)

4 minutes ago, Bdad said:

I downloaded the roster from the site as an Excel file. For some reason I didn't see the Green Bay name. Guess I need to look again.

I save it as an excel file too, since I am the Regional Coordinator for NC I save them for my state monthly. I have found using state then city works better than using the zip code for sorting purposes? My copy shows two members in Green Bay, one with a '65 and one with a '72, the next nearest member, in one of the cities Bill mentioned, owns a '71.

Another way to search excel is to use the "control" and "F" keys, it brings up a search box, then you can type in Green Bay and it should bring up any matches.

• Like 1