Early Brass Era Steering Column parts.

mikewest

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...

FYI, The steel column appears to be a 1913, offset hole pattern and type of construction on the firewall base indicate so. It could actually be a latter half 1912. 1914 however, the firewall base was more like the later style construction. Note, this appears to be the sheet metal pressed over a casting base used from the beginning of Ts through '13. 1914 onward were heavier metal stampings and had dimples to strengthen them around the base. The quadrant  for the spark and throttle levers would be appropriate also for '13. They were basically unchanged from '09 through'14. If you look it over carefully, see if it has the DB maker's mark on the brass quadrant. That would indicate the Dodge Brothers manufactured it, and add desirability. The gear case, on the other hand, is later. That style was first used early in calendar year 1915.  Earliest '15s and before, used a riveted  two-piece gear case.

It appears to be in pretty good condition. $75 is a very fair price. If I were closer, even I might be interested. But I already have one extra, and do not need another.