Bugle - Congrats to Mike S and Aqua Zephyr

JZRIV

Just got latest Bugle and there it is again! Aqua Zephyr. I've said it before but that car just oozes curb appeal. Mike you are a great promoter and have done an amazing job getting your Riviera into the public's eye on the internet, magazines, and shows and that helps Riviera's get the attention they deserve. Much enjoyed the read. Very well written article!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, JZRIV said:

... Mike you are a great promoter and have done an amazing job getting your Riviera into the public's eye on the internet, magazines, and shows and that helps Riviera's get the attention they deserve. Much enjoyed the read. Very well written article!

Totally agree...congratulations, Mike!  Hope to see your Riv at the 2019 ROA, Gettysburg. 

• Like 1

Thanks all! I just found out today via Facebook that our submitted article and pictures have been published. I hope my copy of the Bugle arrives today so I can see the article for myself.

We have thoroughly enjoyed owning this car and we enjoy taking it to local shows. If any of your show experiences are like mine, you probably hear a lot of stories from admirers about how they learned to drive in a Riviera or how their family were repeat Buick owners or how Mom, Dad or Grandpa had a Riviera.

Our biggest thrill was at this years NC Goodguys show when an 86 year old man and his son walked over to the Riviera on the Sunday morning of the show. The son asked me a few questions about the Aqua Zephyr as his dad looked at the car, then the son walked off. The dad started walking towards me and his son said "No, Dad. We are going this way!". Dad barely turned his head towards his son as he continued slowly walking towards me. He stated over his shoulder in a German accent "I want to ask this man a question!". The dad then inquired as to how the headlights worked, as they were folded upward in the close position.

I showed father and son a video of the headlights in operation I had saved on my phone. The dad thanked me for my time and he and his son wondered off to look at the other cars on display. My wife came up to me and said, "That made this whole experience worth it this weekend." I couldn't have agreed more.

Edited by NC68Riviera (see edit history)
  • Like 2

It's not always about the car, it's about the people you meet and greet Mike !

The car is just the attraction with those 4 sealed beams pointing skyward.

That always arouses some curiosity, and brings back some memories for others.

Taking the time to "show your pride" is most rewarding !

. . . congrats on your Bugle article !

• Thanks 1