What do you know about this Riviera

Barney Eaton

This looks very similar, if it's not the same...

Excerpt from link below...

"This pure rarity is the only one Buick Riviera stretched on "Néo-classic style" with 5.90 meter lenght & 4 seats , this stretched Buick Riviera LTD were sold for the Jet-set society/Arabian'princes/Tycoons of Business/rich & famous !!"

https://www.2dehands.be/autos/buick/overige-modellen/buick-riviera-opera-neo-classic-424709461.html

Later,

Mike Swick

Edmonton, AB

----

10 hours ago, MikeJS said:

This looks very similar, if it's not the same...

Excerpt from link below...

"This pure rarity is the only one Buick Riviera stretched on "Néo-classic style" with 5.90 meter lenght & 4 seats , this stretched Buick Riviera LTD were sold for the Jet-set society/Arabian'princes/Tycoons of Business/rich & famous !!" 

https://www.2dehands.be/autos/buick/overige-modellen/buick-riviera-opera-neo-classic-424709461.html

Later,

Mike Swick

Edmonton, AB

----

He forgot to mention blind people as well.

A lot of neoclassic styling ques were adapted to cars through the 1980's. This 1992 was about the end of that trend. The original buyer of that car would probably have been somewhere between 60 and 70 years old, maybe older. He would have been born in the teens or 1920's and his first memories of cars, and favorites would have been extended wheelbase, sidemounted cars. It would have appealed to him as he looked at the shapeless blobs of jellybeans he saw in most show rooms.

There have been successive generations of car enthusiasts horrified by the current cars and longing for reminders of what they remembered as "good looking" cars. I am sure he loved a leisurely day on polishing those long fenders. I would buy a car like that. I wouldn't take it to any official car events, just ride around alone or with my Wife like I kind of do anyway.

A lot of the first neoclassic customs in the early 1980's were older farmer's cars. That was back when the windfall cash came in from the guvermint for not growing crops to stabilize prices. Older guys with extra money. I remember articles written at that time describing the extravagance. All you see when you drive it is the long hood and the bumps of the sidemount covers...... like the '30's Caddy or Packard.

Bernie

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Pat Curran said:

I was going to say that earlier but I figured they were reserved for Cadillac’s!

saw one of these at a recent car show, so they are around if they excite you! ( the car guys, the car!?

Didnt look any better in the flesh either

4606E2BD-6ED8-4E42-99BB-A7A285F2D60C.png

• Like 1

It drives me crazy when car ads , bike ads, low rider ads ,etc feature a drop dead gorgeous woman ( or not) sprawled all over a car  or bike as though this woman would do ( or has done) anything to take a ride . Do advertisers actually think that sells something - (OK maybe for Ed ) but not for most of us or am I wrong and just getting old?? While I'm on it , the othe thing that drives me crazy is the TV ads where 4 year old kids do the talking  for their Dad's  plumbing  busines , insurance business or  car dealership - really ? Do they really believe I'm going to use their  business because they are a "family man" ......?.. One more and then I'm going to take my BP pill and drink a cup of coffee  - people that put those little stickers on the back windshield of their minivan  that show they have 5 Kids and three dogs and two cats  or even worse - " my kid is an honor student at ....HS "  - really ? Who gives ......?  OK I'm done and feel soon much better- gonna go put my ROA sticker on  my 66 ?

kReed 

ROA 14549

• Like 2

I am probably tbe last person to be swayed by advertising, even if if the product is being endorsed by green eyed redheads with large bosoms. (I'll watch but mute the audio.)  The thing that gets me the most (worst) is the Chevrolet ads.  They're on constantly and their all repeats.  If you see it once, and didn't react, what makes them think that showing it over and over will change your mind.  It makes me go the opposite way.  Not being biased, but when did the world become populated by so many bi-racial couples.  Advertisers must think they're reaching a bigger audience and saving production costs at the same time?   I pay extra on my email and Pandora to keep advertisers out.  Thank you Ken for letting me vent and bring large breasted women back to mind. ?

4 hours ago, kreed said:

It drives me crazy when car ads , bike ads, low rider ads ,etc feature a drop dead gorgeous woman ( or not) sprawled all over a car  or bike as though this woman would do ( or has done) anything to take a ride . Do advertisers actually think that sells something - (OK maybe for Ed ) but not for most of us or am I wrong and just getting old?? While I'm on it , the othe thing that drives me crazy is the TV ads where 4 year old kids do the talking  for their Dad's  plumbing  busines , insurance business or  car dealership - really ? Do they really believe I'm going to use their  business because they are a "family man" ......?.. One more and then I'm going to take my BP pill and drink a cup of coffee  - people that put those little stickers on the back windshield of their minivan  that show they have 5 Kids and three dogs and two cats  or even worse - " my kid is an honor student at ....HS "  - really ? Who gives ......?  OK I'm done and feel soon much better- gonna go put my ROA sticker on  my 66 ?

kReed 

ROA 14549

That’s why someone came up with the bumper sticker “my son beat up your honor roll student.”  ‘Nuff said!

1 hour ago, PWB said:

Appears like a Riviera and a Monte Carlo gave birth

More like a Riviera and a Chrysler Cordoba hooked up for one night and this came out 9 months later (or longer, not sure what the gestation period is for a full size car)