Mpgp1999

Towing vehicle for a DB

I have one only a year newer and I just put 400 miles on it yesterday half of those towing about 8000 lbs.

I love my old truck. It has the 7.3 in it as well but is an automatic.

It drives nice.

If the one you are looking at has steering problems they can be repaired. not for free but its worth keeping up om the maintenance.

I wouldn't let the mileage bother me, these 7.3s will run a long ways. But for a fact, the engine is only one part of the truck.

As mentioned, if it lasts you a year or two what have you lost?

Edited by JACK M (see edit history)

12 minutes ago, Mpgp1999 said:

the owner said the truck sold for 6K 

If I know anything, I know there is ALWAYS another deal.

Chin up!

I contacted the guy who said he sold the truck on a different number and got this response.  https://sacramento.craigslist.org/cto/d/1994-f250-4x4-5spd-turbo/6698112286.html

Yup got it for sale. I own a reputable diesel repair shop in Yuba City and we can meet at my shop. It's out in the country about 2 miles from YC. I will not meet anywhere with the truck because it's on Current Non-op because I have 7 trucks and this was supposed to be for my son. Not worth me gettingpulled over to try and sell a truck. I do not have a title as I've lost it but I will give you a bill of sale no problem. Everything is legit and I'm not trying to screw anyone around.

19 hours ago, Mpgp1999 said:

I do not have a title as I've lost it but I will give you a bill of sale no problem. Everything is legit and I'm not trying to screw anyone around.

This may not be to big of a deal if he did indeed transfer it into his own name. One could have him apply for lost title.

But it sounds like a fishy deal to me.

Anybody that says "I'm not trying to screw anyone around" usually is.

• Like 1

That is a good truck.

I wouldn't even consider selling mine unless I was offered what I paid new.

As long as he can hand you current transferrable paperwork in his name it doesn't sound too bad.  Did you ever check into the whole diesel tax/ surcharge thing for smog? 

23 hours ago, Mpgp1999 said:

There is this one. The guy says he lost the title but it has been registered in his name for 6 years. He said he would come with me to AAA, he’s a member, to tag it there. 

https://goldcountry.craigslist.org/cto/d/1997-ford-350-powerstroke/6701194615.html

Amador County can be tough, and that's over in Mole Hill.....If your thinking of Gold Country, I would look more toward Calaveras County...less "Country" more City Folks over there.

Well now we are getting somewhere. Late '70s Ford light trucks are very good vehicles. I've had a couple. If only it had a big bad 460 with the C-6 trans, (you should know, Mathew, an automatic makes for a better tow vehicle for several reasons). Hmmmm............, hey now ! Hey!!!! All this just reminded me of something. A friend of mine has a '79 3/4 ton Ford van which used to belong to me. A 460/C-6. Lots of relatively new mechanicals, relatively low miles.Tough old truck. I looked at a lot of vans before I found this one, maybe 25 years ago. As the song goes : "Ain't very cherry, she's a oldie but a goodie ", by now. Your parents might not approve, though. Im sure you could get it for no more than a grand. Put just a little more $ in it, not much, and you are good to go. With all that engine, though, good as it is for towing, if you have a long daily commute, by and by you will eat up the thousands of bucks you have saved over other trucks. In Seattle,  should I ask him ?   -   CC