bleeding master cylinder help

tcslr

Had to rebuild the original 1929 Chrysler master cylinder.  I cant seem to get the air out of it on a bench bleeding.  Can anyone offer some suggestions? or should I install and work on bleeding the entire system? if so, can you give me some suggestions?

Thanks in advance.

Are you plugging the outlet port or running a line from the outlet port to the reservoir? Either should work, but different strokes are needed to out the air.

Is the master cylinder level in the bench vise, with the fluid in the reservoir always covering the ports in the bottom?

Are you using regular or silicone brake fluid?  I only use silicone in anything old,  but it will froth if you pump it alot, especially if you do it fast.  You need to let it sit and come back to it in a little while.  Then pump with slow even strokes.  You will also only get the big bubbles of air out.  With the silicone the tiny almost foamy ones don't seem to bleed out well.  Just did the brakes on my 40 Ford with it. Now the next guy won't have to deal with the rust pudding I had to from the previous brake rebuild that sat unused for 20 years with regular brake fluid. 

• Thanks 1