Door alignment on 53 pontiac

john hess

Got body back on frame,then had clutch issue. Clutch fixed. Car is now mobile again. Drove around the block a few times to settle body mounts. Now adjusting doors. Right rear giving me issues. Think I'll stop for now to think this one out !!  It's beer thirty anyway !!! John

IMG_20180826_185305024.jpg

IMG_20180826_185240626.jpg

That's somewhat reassuring as I'm concerned that maybe the body is twisted. This car has been in the family since new, (wife's side) and as much as I have been told has never had any major damage. Some door dings, nothing terrible. I'm guessing that the fit and finish was only so-so back then. As we all strive to make them better than 'new', I may have to accept this door fitment as the normal. It's gonna be a driver, so I'm not going to go to extremes to get the fit just perfect. Maybe the next one !! Thanks for the response... John

On ‎8‎/‎29‎/‎2018 at 9:46 AM, SDLARS said:

Doesn't look bad at all. I have a '52 that's been on the road for many years and I still haven't gotten my right front as good as yours.

That is what I thought too, not bad.  Also, unlike many people you are adjusting now before you paint, good thinking, Todd C