Bunk Beds

EmTee

52 minutes ago, EmTee said:

Got the kids a new bunk bed -- an early 'Merry Christmas' to me!  ;)

IMG_2573.JPG

Wow, that's pretty close tolerance there!  But good luck with the sleeping arrangements!

• Haha 1

Yup, the ceiling height is 10 feet.  I knew it would be close and it is.  I have an inch or 2 above the GP and a fat inch between the bottom of the lift and the roof of the Riviera at the closest point of approach (just behind the windshield as the car passes under the cross beam).  After that point there's more space between the roof and the ramps.  It's a Direct Lift Pro Park 8 (standard).  Rated for 8000 pounds.  So far I love it!  I can stand up straight under the car between the ramps.  There's really better access than I had expected.  Now I can hopefully store my boat in the pole barn with the cars rather than paying for winter storage.  It will actually pay for itself!  ;)

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, dei said:

Any chance there is a limit switch on the lift EmTee?

There's no limit switch, but I was very careful the first time up.  It actually works out well, because there's a mechanical lock right at the point as shown in the picture.  So, I can raise the car to that lock point (CLANK!) and then release the hydraulics and set it on that latch (as shown).  Just to be safe, I pasted a red arrow to the lift leg at the highest point I can lift the car without hitting the ceiling.  It raises slowly enough that as long as I'm not texting & driving there should be no problems...  :huh:

Edited by EmTee (see edit history)
  • Like 3