Sign in to follow this  
Chimera

*SUPER WILDCAT CONCEPT*

Could the RoA encourage the brass at Buick to design a retro luxury performance concept car. Perhaps call the Super Wildcat or Super Wildcat edition Riviera. O, and then manufacture and sell it to the public. Hell, I don't care if its even electric; it just has to be true to the genetics and beyond medieval. Is Buick going to get in on the action of the new golden of muscle cars?!

Instead of their normal self deprecating commercial ads, they could elucidate the rich history and display some of the best forms in automotive history. 

OK, back to daydreaming...

Screen Shot 2018-08-22 at 10.41.41 PM.png

Screen Shot 2018-08-22 at 10.43.53 PM.png

Screen Shot 2018-08-22 at 10.44.38 PM.png

Screen Shot 2018-08-22 at 10.45.08 PM.png

Screen Shot 2018-08-22 at 10.46.09 PM.png

Screen Shot 2018-08-22 at 10.46.54 PM.png

Screen Shot 2018-08-22 at 10.47.50 PM.png

Screen Shot 2018-08-22 at 10.48.31 PM.png

Screen Shot 2018-08-22 at 10.49.28 PM.png

dual quad.png

• Like 2

?

"We have a new concept, the Buick Super Wildcat 1800T for the engineering department to review."

"What's the number for?"

"1800CC and a turbo. We can do it with Opel parts."

"1800CC, that's about 60 oz.?"

"Yeah."

"Go back and tell 'em it was two Quads, not two quarts."

image.thumb.png.5125b881a50e89ae2569d65c8edff53a.png

• Like 1

Don't know which I like better................the girl in the fourth picture or the nailhead in the last picture.  Decisions, decisions.

1 hour ago, Pat Curran said:

Don't know which I like better................the girl in the fourth picture or the nailhead in the last picture.  Decisions, decisions.

I'm just glad I'm not in your shoes; tough decision.

I'll take the Phantom - and the woman - from behind Door #7 a thousand times over the rest, please.

That car should have been produced. 

I was pretty excited about the pre-release of the 1995 series Riviera. Back in those days we worked with dated news from magazines and had time to speculate. I was envisioning a waterfall version of the already released mate, the Eldorado. I was disappointed. Those '70's and '80's concept were abstract and out of touch with automotive heritage , for lack of a better term. That '95 Riviera was too delicate its own bumpers. The flat mild razor edge of that Caddy body would have helped. Those I still like.

6 hours ago, Pat Curran said:

Ha, too funny... for me it would be a no-brainer... my wife's hotter than she is so I'd take the motor in a heart beat...?

Sorry, after 30+ years of marriage I have to practice saying that kinda stuff if I wanna get 'anything' around here, but ya, if both showed up in my garage one day, tough call indeed...

Later,

Mike Swick

Edmonton, AB

----

17 minutes ago, MikeJS said:

.......but ya, if both showed up in my garage one day, tough call indeed...

Later,

Mike Swick

Edmonton, AB

----

When you say both are you referring to the girl in the ad and the engine or are you referring the girl in the ad and your wife.  Be careful how you phrase that. Do not use a pronoun without first establishing an antecedent. ?

Edited by RivNut (see edit history)
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, RivNut said:

When you say both are you referring to the girl in the ad and the engine or are you referring the girl in the ad and your wife.  Be careful how you phrase that. Do not use a pronoun without first establishing an antecedent. ?

Good point, I was initially intending the former, but I can see the potential for confusion.

Crap, but doesn't that now add a third option, if both my wife and the engine ever showed up in the garage... wow, as Pat mentioned, decision, decisions... decisions...?

Later,

Mike Swick

Edmonton, AB

----