'70 Riviera AC/Alternator lower bracket

70rivme

12 hours ago, 70rivme said:

I am looking for an aluminum alternator/air conditioner lower mount bracket. Anyone know where to find or have one for sale? I believe the number is 1381728.

Thank you all!

I have been looking for one also. All of them I have found have had broken bolts in them. Post you request on V8Buick.com. I had several responses in the For Sale section.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, NC68Riviera said:

I have been looking for one also. All of them I have found have had broken bolts in them. Post you request on V8Buick.com. I had several responses in the For Sale section.

Appreciate the input! You are the second person in a day who suggested that. I try to keep my forum use to a minimum/moderate use but I will be joining on V8.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 8/27/2018 at 8:46 AM, epriv said:

Hey Brad, look on V8Buick for a user named Cole. He's parting (or was) a '70 in Canada. Bought some parts from him.

Mitch

Thanks Mitch, I just happened to look at my threads and noticed you replied. Somehow I didn't see this until now. Appreciate the response!

To sum things up I ended up getting my issues resolved with this mount by cutting off my alternator as well as putting in helicoils where the compressor goes. I was looking for a replacement in the event that my mount cracked during removal. When I bought my car I noticed the head of the bolt for the lower alternator mount was snapped off. My thought was "what a dumb ass for over tightening the bolt". Well, now I have first hand experience with a rusted and seized bolt in the lower alternator mount. The mount came out good, but the alternator had to be sacrificed for the greater good of replacing the bolt. I obtained the replacement bolt from Todd at Die Cast Musclecars, this dude is a stand up guy without a doubt and extremely helpful too. The alternator was replaced with a single wire unit from Power Master Performance. These people have great customer satisfaction skills too.