1912 IHC Model MA AutoWagon

I have recently purchased the above truck and am missing the jack shaft.  This is the piece that drives from the chain from the transmission.   I am missing the complete shaft including the bearing holders that mount to frame, differential, brake band, etc.

I have the chains to the wheels and from the transmission.  I have the stabilizing rods to the rear axle, I have the brake rods to emergency brakes. The First picture is what I am missing

Scott Thomas

812-989-4400

IMG_0367.JPG

IMG_0354.jpg

IMG_0355.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Great looking MA.   PM Bill Erskine,  on this web site, He may have an extra chassis.  

I have an MWX.  The long steel shaft from the differential was bowed on my wagon. I had a new one machined. I have the bent one but it is 4 inches longer than the one for the MA. 

ih1104apr0430.JPG

ih1104apr0470.JPG

• 7 months later...

Hi, my name is Melody and have just today started looking for possible buyers, or selling advice (people who specialize in restoration or museums or.... not even sure what-all to ask.  Perhaps you can point me in some directions?  My email is: narbach@msn.com

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I am on the internet searching for info on how to make it known that my mother has a 1912 IHC that she is interested in selling. The IHC we have was owned in Huntingdon County, PA and was moved from the barn it was stored in to higher ground to save it from 1972 Hurricane Agnes flooding.  It was intact but missing the headlights.  It also did not run.  Instead of searching for another storage site, my uncle sold it to my father: I don't know what the price was.  (I have a photo of the IHC somewhere that I need to locate and also wrote down the serial number.  To learn about the different models and production numbers, I purchased an IHC history book about 30 years ago).  

Shortly after my father bought the IHC, my grandfather disassembled it in prep for restoration.  The wheels were sent to Virginia and refinished/retreaded.  But my grandfather's health failed and although he recovered, the IHC has sat, in dry storage, disassembled these past 45 years.  It is a unique model, at least I think it is, because it has a wooden enclosed body with oval glass windows.  I found a similar photo that I have attached.  The family who originally owned it, I will also be contacting... but restoration is a big undertaking and I don't know if they would be up to the task.  We'd like to see it see it bought by someone who will get it running again.  Someone has approached my mother, who is 85, just this past week and then followed up last night with a phone call.  I have no idea how he even knew of the IHC which has been out of sight and out of mind.  She has asked me to make inquiries to gauge interest and to calculate price.  Again if you can give me any selling advise, I'd appreciate it!

IHC 01 Delivery wagon News_1910-10-01 Carriage M.jpg

Edited by Melody
typo (see edit history)