New antenna mast still not retracting all the way down

mytc05

I recently replaced my antenna mast with a new replacement I got on here. However, while it's improved over the old one whose inner cable had gone bad, it still doesn't retract all the way down into the body like it should. Is this likely another problem in the antenna motor itself? Not sure really how to check that to know.

1 hour ago, mytc05 said:

I recently replaced my antenna mast with a new replacement I got on here. However, while it's improved over the old one whose inner cable had gone bad, it still doesn't retract all the way down into the body like it should. Is this likely another problem in the antenna motor itself? Not sure really how to check that to know.

Would you mind explaining what you mean by "I recently replaced my antenna mast with a new replacement I got on here."?  Nothing is directly sold "HERE", was it a Chrysler part number antenna mast that you purchased? If it is some Chinese made aftermarket antenna mast, you may have to remove it and trim the plastic track to match the old one. 

On 8/15/2018 at 1:26 AM, Hemi Dude said:

Would you mind explaining what you mean by "I recently replaced my antenna mast with a new replacement I got on here."?  Nothing is directly sold "HERE", was it a Chrysler part number antenna mast that you purchased? If it is some Chinese made aftermarket antenna mast, you may have to remove it and trim the plastic track to match the old one. 

Hey Hemi Dude. I actually ordered it from you last fall. So, I'm sure it is the right one specifically for the TC. Just can't figure out why it won't go down the last 3 inches or so?

19 hours ago, mytc05 said:

Hey Hemi Dude. I actually ordered it from you last fall. So, I'm sure it is the right one specifically for the TC. Just can't figure out why it won't go down the last 3 inches or so?

Did you remove the ENTIRE bad mast track? You have to take the cover off the motor in order to extract the broken off piece.