1949 Kaiser Virginian for Sale

1949 Kaiser Virginian for Sale.

Kaiser 1949 Virginian 4-door hardtop with padded vinyl roof, Kaisers attempt at a luxury car, only 1,000 built,older restoration in nice condition, It  has Overdrive, color 055 Polar Gray and Teal Blue nylon padded top. Only the Virginian, however, had a three-part wraparound rear window. This is a very rare car. The car had California Plates on it when I bought it.The car has a clean title. I have owned the car 25 years. It has been in a climate-controlled museum for the last five years. You welcome to personally inspect or by a third party.

Nick8086@hotmail.com

Location Nebraska

Price: $20,650

7081162525_0d2f574aa2_b(1).jpg

Edited by nick8086 (see edit history)
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...

The Kaiser Virginians have been a favorite since encountering my first one in a nearby junkyard in the mid-'60's.  Fast forward to about thirty years ago, while visiting my sister in Colorado Springs we took a trip through Monument, Colorado where Fred Walker had his K-F Auto Pride restoration shop.  Fortunately, I had my camera with me.  Anyone who doubts the Kaiser Virginian was a true B-pillarless four door hardtop, take a look at these photos of a body shell of one in the restoration process then.

Kaiser  Virginian body shell a.JPG

Kaiser  Virginian structure a.JPG

I spoke with Fred a few times when I, with a friend, attended the KFOC National Meets at Frederick, MD in 1988 and Rochester, NY in 1991.  Recall his Indian Ceramic Virginian well.  Whenever I would encounter Fred, he always remembered me and we'd have a nice conversation, great fellow.

Fred Walkers cars are sold.. He had a 1949 Kaiser Indian Ceramic Virginian. And I think he had a Custom Indian Ceramic Virginian..

I never made the trip to K-F Auto Pride Shop.. 

Here is some History:

https://www.oldcarsweekly.com/features/car-of-the-week-1949-kaiser-custom-virginian

Edited by nick8086 (see edit history)

I knew Fred well and he had quite the collection. I think the pictured car under restoration is the same one in the color photo (Indian Ceramic car). He restored one for his wife and I believe it was right at around the same time the pictures would have been taken.

The car for sale would need a thorough going over to make it roadworthy and knowing that, and what it takes to get one of these running again, I'd be all in closer to nine grand.

What it takes.. some of my other cars...

hris I have done the following to the truck.
1. new brake shoes front and rear.
2. patched hole in y pipe.
3. Replaced exhaust gasket between Y pipe and Catalytic converter.
4. Replaced alternator.
5. Replaced LH upper ball joint.
6. Repaired latch for extended cab door so it latches properly.
7. Repaired RH rear tire, it had a nail in it. Replaced flat tire on aluminum rim with used tire you gave me. Reinstalled the spare under the bed.
8. Replaced RH wheel cylinder and bleed brake.

I have $210.99 in parts so far. i have ordered both mirrors. They will cost about $56.00 each.
The truck needs Rotors and rear drums, they are out of spec for minium thickness. It will cost about $100 for the rotors and drums.
The mufler and tail pipe is needed, stock exhaust will cost about $100. Exhaust sytem with a Flow Master muffler that has a aggressive tone and a tailpipe will cost about $143.00.
the truck will need a cable for the tailgate and should cost less than $20.00

I have about 13 hours in the repairs and time to pickup the truck at you house. The cost for labor so far is $200.00. I need to know what you want to do on the the brake drums, rotors and the exhaust,

Just one of my bills..

hris I have the following parts that were purchased.
1. Brake shoes two sets
2.Two wheel seals for front axle
3.Carb kit
4.Rear trans oil seal
5.have brake drums machined
6. 5 gallons gas

Total parts cost $168.72.
28 hours in labor$200.00
Total $368.72

What I have done is remove all of the brakes and replace brake shoes and have the drums machined. Bleed brakes. Repair wiring so headlights and brake lights and turn signals work. Repair overdrive to work. Replace transmission output seal. Remove fuel tank and clean tank out.Repack front wheel bearings. Replace Left hand axle. Repair wiring for temp gauge. Install rubber seal around hood. Rebuild carburetor. Replace fuel sending unit in fuel tank. Free up stuck parking brake cables. Make part for rear brakes.

What needs to be done.
1. get fuel gauge working. I feel the sending unit is where the problem is at. I need to get the ground on the sending unit to make a better contact.
2. install parking brake cable.
3. Use the used parking brake handle for parts to make the ratchet part of the parking brake on the Darrin work.