I.D. these wheel covers?

Pete Phillips

I think these are mid-1960s full-size Buick, but not sure of that. The owner of them had a couple of 1964 Rivieras but these are not Riviera covers. The Riviera covers had an R with a circle in the middle. Can someone help me with the correct application of these? Have a set of four of them, NOS, each one in its own box, but no part #. They are 15" diameter.

IMG_9016.JPG

Not sure if I'll be much help. I have`a post about just this sort of thing since I have been thinking about putting these on my 56' Special. A gentleman replied that these wire spoke wheel covers came off Buicks from 1963 to 1970.

He thought Riviera's also

7.jpgThis picture is from the 1   8.jpg1966 hard to tell if it has the slots in the black

Sorry,  can't get the type to go where I need it......top picture is 1963 Riviera brochure....hard to tell if the slots are in the back.

The bottom one from 1966 indicates they were available on Wildcat, Electra, and Riviera....again hard to see if the slots were there

No spinners in 1967 because a new federal law banned them.....other GM cars continued to have wire wheel covers but the spinner was gone.

just noticed a difference in the spokes mounting....note Pete's picture and the 1963 picture, the outer spokes mount seems to have a larger step/offset than the 1966 picture

Edited by Barney Eaton (see edit history)