Classic and Exotic Services

olympic

They have done two projects for me this summer.  In business as of 3 weeks ago when I got a carburetor rebuild back from them.

They have done superb work for me. Rebuilt the carb on my 1927 Cadillac. Also the distributor which was upgraded with durable parts to replace the pot metal cups and weights. Very fast turnaround. Reasonable prices. For the stated reasons, WELL worth the money spent. I believe high end shops like this are extremely busy these days. I would imagine they will become more busy, as they will certainly inherit some of Mark Buber's clientele. Have you tried calling them ?     -  Carl 

His wife Leslie usually answers the phone and email. Sometime another lady in the office also will return calls. It’s Pebble Beach time, and with lots of Duesenbergs on the field and the auction circuit he is twice as busy as normal. I received parts from them recently and had no issues whatsoever. 

It sounds like they're a good and well respected business;

but when people start doubting whether you still exist,

something needs to be done.  Maybe they should hire

a minimum-wage teenager at least to return messages.

The added worker could at least say, "We're swamped at 

the moment.  In about 8 weeks our workload should return

to normal, and we'll get back to you then."

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, John_S_in_Penna said:

It sounds like they're a good and well respected business;

but when people start doubting whether you still exist,

something needs to be done.  Maybe they should hire

a minimum-wage teenager at least to return messages.

The added worker could at least say, "We're swamped at 

the moment.  In about 8 weeks our workload should return

to normal, and we'll get back to you then."

John, why don't you contact them with your suggestion and then let us know what they say?

You come up with some good ideas however they are never directed to the subjects for their response or the people that can at least take action to remedy a situation.  Throwing out "they should or someone should" on this forum seldom if ever gets to the horse's mouth.

Regards,

Peter J.

• Like 2

OK, John.  Hear you loud and clear.  On a closing note, I contacted around 12-15 vendors over the past 17 years to inform them that there is a negative or issue concerning their company on the Forum.  I recall around 9 or so would come onto the Forum to explain or correct a situation with "facts".  They all appreciated it plus the participants within the subject thread.   

I will send an email to them letting them know of this thread.

Regards,

Peter J.

We toured the Terry Adderly Collection plus Classic & Exotic again earlier this year.  Always FABULOUS and Brian was a gracious host.  He explained they are generally always busy, no advertising required and actually have to be referred as a customer to have your car worked on by them. 

As others pointed out, Pebble Beach is right around the corner and they are likely working on overload.

As I stated in post #10 above it is really easy to just take a minute to contact a subject vendor for their "factual response".  Based on the satisfied people within this thread I decided to have them rebuild my TR6 carbs over the winter.  Below is the response to the Olympic the original OP of this thread.

Regards, 

Peter J.

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________

We are very much in business. You can pass along that we respond to emails we receive. If an email gets mid-identified as spam and deleted by our server, we obviously don't get those. Has the person in question tried calling any of the phone numbers listed on our website?

If you would like to discuss a rebuild of your Triumph carburetors, you can contact our in-house rebuilder Bruce at 248-362-2097. He is available 9AM - 5PM EST.

Sincerely,

Leslie

Classic & Exotic Service, Inc.
Troy, Michigan USA
1.248.269.9414 Parts Ofc.
www.classicandexotic.com

On 8/13/2018 4:25 PM, pjheizmann wrote:

Hello, Leslie and Brian,

I am a regular on the Antique Automobile Club of America Discussion Forum.  A gent started a thread wondering if you folks were still in business as he did not receive a response from you.  http://forums.aaca.org/topic/313848-classic-and-exotic-services/

There a legion of people familiar with you folks responded with very nice comments from past and current dealings with you.  I was impressed.

With that I am currently in need to have my TR6 carbs rebuilt.  I owned the car since new and they were never touched in all those years.  (Zenith-Stromberg 175CD-2SE)  Could you rebuild these? 

Regards,

Peter.

Peter J. Heizmann

Edited by Peter J.Heizmann (see edit history)
  • Like 1