alsancle

CCCA Eastern Grand Classic 9/8/18 HELP!!!!

This has been a looming issue over my head for the last 6 months.   The show for the CCCA Eastern Grand Classic is Saturday Sept 8th on the grounds of the Heritage Museum and Gardens in Sandwich Mass.

I need to get my dad's 35 Packard from Shrewsbury (about 90 miles away) to the show on Saturday and then home.    The issue is that the car is 20 feet long and our trailer is 20 feet long.   My usual list of friends and contacts are all unavailable on that day.   I have a pretty good sized list which I have been gradually working through before I finally got to the end with no luck.

I'm open to any suggestions for enclosed transportation:

1.  Hire a trailer

2.  Borrow a trailer

3.  Buy a trailer

4.  ?

I would buy a trailer tomorrow,  but I would want one with 8 lug wheels which seems to eliminate 90% of the available ones.

Thoughts,  suggestions, prayers?

Have you tried Joe Freeman or David Greenlees? Assume your problem is due to your friends/contacts taking their own cars to the event. i do have several other possibilities but will have to check on trailer capacity and date. In the meantime - keep praying!!

2 minutes ago, A. Ballard 35R said:

Have you tried Joe Freeman or David Greenlees? Assume your problem is due to your friends/contacts taking their own cars to the event. i do have several other possibilities but will have to check on trailer capacity and date. In the meantime - keep praying!!

Correct.  Everybody in NE (at least my friends) are bringing cars to the event for themselves or someone else.  Any contacts would be appreciated.  I told my dad this was going to cost us some money.   One potential plan we came up with today was taking the front bumper off to see if we can squeeze it in the trailer.

If the weather is favorable - hire a rollback tow truck.

i just delivered (2) Packards with one one week to The National Packard Museum In Ohio - both were from different families - both were one family owned.

I was just in the Springfield, Massachusetts area last weekend picking up a Classic Mercedes but I am on my way now to Charleston, South Carolina to drop off another Classic Mercedes.

1922 Packard Clipper

9F1DA982-3B76-4217-8039-1BAF2E8E0739.jpeg

1956 Packard Patrician 

49F5F570-356E-4AF0-B4FC-CD5CC0184332.jpeg

Side By Side

37B864F6-9943-4EBD-874E-678EDD8DEBD7.jpeg

The 1956 Packard Patrician was a delivery of just under 100 miles but required several hundred additional unloaded miles to facilitate transport.

Jim

Edited by Trulyvintage (see edit history)