You never know what you will see.

nick8086

My neighbor owns  couple of Model As.

He is midway on a two week trip to Victoria on Vancouver Island with several other owners from the Portland area.

I think it would be fun to do this kind of tour.

These are few here in the NW.

I don't suppose this message will reach anybody on the mentioned tour that would post pics.

Edited by JACK M (see edit history)

There is a weekend run in Renfrew just south of Ottawa next weekend for 1942 and earlier cars. That is less than an Hr. north of the boarder. The tour is hosted by the Vintage Group a wing of ACCCC and open to any one that belongs to a major car club.  If interested send me a message and I will give you the contact info.

15 hours ago, nick8086 said:

It was great to see a Stanley Steamer. run . I have only seen two of them..

I was lucky to see one running in about the mid 1990's.  I was working at a marina, that across the street had an old garage (used to be gas station) for it's shop.  One was on tour with some other cars and pulled in for some water as they saw me out washing a boat with the hose.  Ironically that had been a gas station in the 20's.  Might have been 70 plus years since the last one stopped in for water.   I'm sure i had one of my old cars parked out front as well,  (probably my 35 Chrysler)  so the owner probably figured he was among friends.  

Edited by auburnseeker (see edit history)

On 8/11/2018 at 1:38 PM, JACK M said:

I think it would be fun to do this kind of tour.

Jack M,

Have you ever gone on a antique car tour?   Even if  you have b not, it;s easy to lay one out and fond People to follow your written directions.

I've written hundereds of them in Florida  and now have done 20 since moving to NC.

Take you modern car and find back roads to someplace interesting to see or get something to eat.  Get the work out to antique car people and have at it.

We have found less traffic on Sunday afternoons, request the vehicles be 50 years old or older, drive in age order with oldest cars  up front,  maybe have

a quiz at the end an offer some small prize like lunch.  Food brings them out!  A Sunday drive is a traditional treat in many families, just do it.

The Model A Ford people are always ready to ride, call them first.  

My Stanley, like many, is set up to run on kerosene.  But kerosene in northern NJ is impossible to find.  So I go to a friendly local airport with a  bunch of five-gallon cans and buy Jet A, which is highly refined kerosene.  Even running on jet fuel, I doubt my Stanley would beat that Indy car!