'64 in Oklahoma City area - inspect?

Bdad

Green is correct for both the 401 and the 425.  And not just any green - Buick Green.  

If you will search the threads you can find threads/posts that will show you where the Engine Serial Number is located and the Engine Production Code.  If the Engine Serial Number matches the VIN then the engine is original and if it's original it's a 425.  No 401's in the RIvieras in 1964.

I sent the seller a message asking. The engine is definitely blue. When I looked the color codes up blue is chevy or chrysler. Just wanted to make sure. Recently saw a '64 with a red (66) engine. When I finally find the '644 or '65 to buy I do want it right.

thanks

Buick engine green is not a color that you can pull off the shelf at your local jobber.  You have to special order it from a specialty company.   The engine is 55+ years old and chances are it's been pulled and repainted at least once with what was readily available..  Detailing an engine is relatively simple so don't be too concerned, use the wrong color as a negotiating tool.

50 minutes ago, RivNut said:

Buick engine green is not a color that you can pull off the shelf at your local jobber.  You have to special order it from a specialty company.

This is what we recently used, that I believe is the correct green...

Later, 

Mike Swick

Edmonton, AB

----

image.jpeg