Survivor or not?

Seabee21

I recently purchased a 1952 Buick Super 4-door sedan. At some point, the car got a re-paint, using the original Duco factory colors. GM color group 44 which is teal blue for the body and beach white for the roof. Other than that, nothing has been done in the areas of restoration or modification. There is wear and tear in the interior, and mechanically there have been no upgrades. I am confused as to the number of definitions regarding "survivor" or HPOF. Does anyone out there know if the car would fit either one of these categories, particularly under AACA guidelines?

Thanks 61polara. I will try that. Most of the local shows out here usually don't have that category. The class they usually have is Survivor/Unrestored. I will be taking the car for that category for the first time in early September, so I'll see what happens. Usually, I enter it in "Stock GM 1950 and up." That's a pretty broad category but so far this year its been to five shows and come back with a trophy every time. Can't complain too much about that!!

• Like 1