1928 Dictator 6 242 cu.in. 2nd Series (later engine) - Water Jacket Cover

I am looking for a replacement water jacket cover for the captioned. I have attached photos. The one on the car blew a large hole in it yesterday and the car had to be flatbedded home.

Not that this car has the later 1928 engine, same as the 1929. Not the older one with the distributor in front and the convex exhaust header.

Many thanks,

Keith Gramlich

P1010121003.JPG

P1010121004.JPG

The cover on my ge was rusted out.  I took it to a good welding machine shop 10 years ago. Fabricated metal to replace the bad part. It is still working 10 years later.  In doing the repair the repair person said the original was pressed out of a single sheet of metal. 

• Like 1

On ‎8‎/‎6‎/‎2018 at 11:36 PM, GE Dictator 1928 said:

I am looking for a replacement water jacket cover for the captioned. I have attached photos. The one on the car blew a large hole in it yesterday and the car had to be flatbedded home.

Not that this car has the later 1928 engine, same as the 1929. Not the older one with the distributor in front and the convex exhaust header.

Many thanks,

Keith Gramlich

P1010121003.JPG

P1010121004.JPG

The Light Six/Standard Six/Dictator Six always had the distributor in that position. Even the early Light Six had essentially the same water cover but the pipe did not go into it. The engine will have a date code, hidden behind the oil filter on your one.