1936 humpback delivery project near Allentown, PA

Pete in PA

I stumbled into this on craigslist this morning.  I called the seller to inquire about buying loose parts.  Nope.  Seller is not interested in selling anything but the whole shebang.

Seller said that the project was her father's and he passed away recently.  Looks like a HUGE project but there appear to be many extra parts.  Are you drooling yet?

BTW I almost fell out of my chair when I got to the picture of the grill with headlamp pods!

https://allentown.craigslist.org/cto/d/1936-dodge-humpback-panel/6660588997.html

humpback.jpg

pods.jpg

grille.jpg

Edited by Pete in PA (see edit history)

Yeah, that's a '37 judging by the grill and the tubular shocks. Probably built late '36 and title for '36. Grille center section, front bumper bracket and bumper are the same as the '36 trucks. Headlights and mounting brackets are different.

Edited by jpage (see edit history)

I called the seller again this AM and informed her that the expert consensus is that she has a 1937 model year truck.  Also that it was likely built/titled in late 1936 and, if it is titled as a 36, that is probably an error.

She thanked me and asked what I thought about the price.  I told her that the group seemed to think it was high but if she had the engine, transmission, and other parts not shown she might get her asking from the right person.  Probably a rodder or resto-modder IMO.  She said she doesn't have an engine so that's working against her.  But maybe on a national venue like ebay....

jpage, what's different about he 37 headlamps and mounting?  And is it a passenger car/truck issue or truck to truck?  Please explain.  I sure did get excited when I saw those original headlaps.

From what I saw on Vic Panza's '37 Dodge truck, the headlamp stands are a little different where they meet the bucket. The bucket has a depressed area where it mounts to the stand ,different than the '36 lamps. The grille shells on the '37 are not quite as wide as the '36's in the mount area. I also think that the lens retainer screws are different than the '36's. Upon first glance, they do look alot alike. Engines aren't hard to locate but the broken grille can be a cost issue and if she's missing the rear fenders and other specialty parts, that could be a real deal breaker!

Edited by jpage (see edit history)